shower attachment for square faucet in tub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gill'sgirl

Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
MA
City
Pioneer Valley
Hi there,

We're going to need to figure out something pretty quick - suddenly my mom can't use her walker or get safely into her shower. For now, a transfer seat into the tub seems like it will work - does anyone have any recommendations for a shower attachment for a square faucet/tap?

Thanks!

By square faucet do you mean the lower tub spout? But, do you still have a normal showerhead in there? If so, then the standard handheld kits you can get at Home Depot or wherever will install right between the upper shower head and the pipe coming out of the wall. There is a switch on it to then select the normal showerhead or the handheld sprayer.

If that type of setup won't work or don't have a showerhead in there and you really need to use the lower tub spout then you will probably have to take off that square spout. That spout is really usually just a cover over a standard threaded pipe which should be the same size thread as the standard showerhead kit. Might look a little weird but would work fine. You would need to somehow seal up the hole where the pipe comes out. My knowledge is based on recent plumbing stuff, so if your house is really old maybe it is different.

Hopefully I haven't totally misunderstood what you are talking about. :smile:

Please start your planning for when the transfer seat won't work. Usually roll in shower or ceiling lift.

Thank you Brian - she has a separate shower stall that I'm hoping we can modify to roll in, but in the meantime, yes, the tub has no shower so we'll need to take off that square spout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back