lhagsjr

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
PA
City
Philadelphia
Does anyone suffer from this? Did it cause your shoulder to subluxate? (feels like its popping in and out of place everytime u move it). Does ALS typically hit the shoulder early or later in the disease?

My Brother lost the use of one arm and then the other. He cannot use either. Can you use your arms? That sounds like what my right shoulder is doing. I don't feel like the muscle is completely attached and it is hard at times to move it a certain way because you can feel it twist with pain and also my elbow on the same are? I also have twitching in between the muscle near the area where you shoulder connects to the arm.

Does that soung similar?

I have not been diagnosed with ALS. My brother has.

So far my diagnosed is Peripheral Neuropathy and BFS.

Lorie

I have some shoulder atrophy in both arms. My PT said my shoulders are dropping out of socket. There is no muscle to support them. I have pain in both. Being unable to sleep on my back aggravates this condition. I awake from the pain in the shoulder and have to be turned to the other side about every two hours. Attempting passive range of motion exercises causes clicking and pain. This does seem to help. Let me know if you find a solution.

Rich

The nurse form the ALSA that came to our house recommended the passive range of motion exercises too. She especially stressed the importance with the shoulders due to "frozen shoulder."

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back