Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Lanark
Hi, it's me again..
Been reading the manual.. and have noticed there are differwent kinds of ALS.. Should the doctor have told her this.. or is this something you'll discover as the disease begin's to threaten your life?
Thank you
Mike

Most of the Doctors that I have dealt with and heard about don't give you much information at the start. It is bad enough giving the diagnosis without overloading you with details. When most people are first told they are in shock. Sometimes the doctor will suggest the manual or this website for information. A lot will not say much at all. Unless you are in a larger urban center the doctors may not have seen an ALS patient before. When I was first diagnosed I believe that I was the Neuro's first ALS patient. He has 4 that I am aware of now.
I was a bit of a rarity because I had done research on my symptoms and was pretty sure of what I had before being told. When told I was not shocked.
To be honest unless you read the manual and know what questions to ask I would be surprised if much information will be volunteered.

Thanx Al..
I am still reading the manual! The manual has lots of information in it! Nut I will probably have lots of questions beofre I am through it all! I thank everyone here for the help..and listening..
Mike
8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back