Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
HK
State
Hong Kong
City
Hong Kong
I am male and 19. Over the last week I have been feeling more and more worried about some of the discomfort that i am experiencing with my muscles. I'm not sure whether it is needless anxiety or whether I should see a doctor.

I'm feeling occasional twitches, particularly on my right arm. It migrates around the arm, sometimes in the forearm, sometimes in the tricep area and sometimes on the shoulder blade. The twitching is often so fine that I cannot see it, but I can definitely feel them. They occur when I am at rest and lying down. They stay for a few seconds. I have felt similar twitching on the other arm but much less.

I feel fatigued but not 'clinically' weak.

I also am experiencing some form of what seems to be paresthesia. It is mainly some creepy-crawley/skin crawling sensations on all 4 limbs and my back. They travel down limbs and feels like something is tingling below my skin. There are also occasionally burning-like sensations.

I recently had a viral infection (still have some symptoms i.e. cough, nausea), and have been trying to piece that together with these other symptoms.

I know that these symptoms probably sound like nothing and I am overreacting, but the anxiety is really immobilizing me and I can;t get my mind off it.

Should I see a doctor?

Thank you!

if you are worried of course you should see a doctor, they may be able to help you with your symptoms.

I don't think you need to worry about ALS though

Good luck

Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back