Reason
Other
Country
UK
State
England
City
London
hi i’m an 18 year old girl. i am relatively healthy up until end of the july when i had what the doctors thought was labyrinthitis/vestibular neuritis. that seems to have faded now just after last week.

in this time i developed really bad anxiety because of it and had lots of panic attacks and insomnia. in this time however i had a really bad cramping it felt like in my right arm and that arm and my legs feel very weak and unusual like they are constantly going to give way. my hands have gone numb a few times.

i’m really worried this could be als as i’ve also been getting twitches in my thumbs, my eyes and in my legs ecspecially at the top back of my legs. in the last 5-6 days i’ve developed really bad pain when swallowing yawning or sneezing and my throat really hurts and it’s difficult to breathe and swallow, it’s very different to sore throats i’ve had in the past, i also have extreme fatigue.

i’ve read lots on als now and these symptoms are worrying me because i know in very rare cases young people can get it and i’m hoping i’m not an exception :( sorry if i cause offence to anyone it’s not my intention i’m just very worried and wanted to ask if anyone thinks this could be als or not? thankyou in advance x

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back