Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
LN
City
Spalding
Hello guys. My story begins about 6 months ago. I started to get tired very quick during workout and overall. After some time i started to feel extreme numbness in my muscles, not skin, but muscles. About 2 months ago Ive got fasciculations in my calves. They are present 24/7, being more intense after walking or any effort. Few weks after they progressed and now I have them sometimes in my tights as well. Both legs.

I have also twitching in my arms , shoulders, back, abs, gluteus muscles, and lately in the face. In my lips, chicks and upper eye lid. On both sides but mostly on left side. Sometimes mild, and sometimes really strong ones. Left side of my body is also weaker then right side. I feel weakness in my left tight and left arm in the muscles around the thumb.

Lately i also started to feel tingling feeling in my tongue and when I speak ppl seems not to understand all of what im saying, its like i have mild difficulty speaking. I also get a lot of crumbs in my feet. Mostly left. I noticed muscle in the left feet is smaller then right feet. also the muscles near left thumb looks little bit smaller then on the right side. Both og them feels different, its hard to describe the feeling. Its like burning but not intense. Sometimes I also get twitching in different areas of my body but mostly tights that feels like and electro shock going down my tight to my knee. This spasm are very strong.

Well so overall i dont have clinical weakness, but left side of my body is weaker then right. I have little difficulty with balance and speaking. Sometimes i also drop things. I have lots of twitches. And I dont know if its atrophy but my left hand and feet looks smaller then the right.

Maybe its normal. Dont know, thats why Im making this topic on the forum. Been to my gp, he reffered me to a neurologist but it will take few weeks to see him knowing uk;s health system.

Attachments

• 20200616_180440.jpg
    20200616_180440.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 383
  • 20200616_181023.jpg
    20200616_181023.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 416
Last edited by a moderator:
I can see you are quite worried but there is nothing at all to indicate ALS.
Try giving this a really good read through, we wrote it to answer all your concerns.

The neurologist is really highly trained and will figure things out with you I'm sure. Try to look after yourself in the meantime and stay away from google searching as you are only going to scare yourself needlessly.

Thanks for replying. Well I'm worrying about this but also having a normal life and working on not to think about it to much mostly by keeping myself and my mind busy. But you know how it is. If you feel some kind of symptoms its hard not to think about it at times. Thanks again for a reply. Sending lots of love.

Hello guys. Do you think my left hand look like its split hand? this muscle there is visible smaller then on the other one

Attachments

• 20200622_203907.jpg
    20200622_203907.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 375
  • 20200622_203917.jpg
    20200622_203917.jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 366
Pictures generally are not helpful to us. See a doctor if you’re concerned.

Im currenty waiting for hospital to call me to arrange an appointment

Hello guys. A month passed and my symptoms got a little bit worse. First of all I noticed a dent getting bigger in my left thigh. Its hard to capture it on camera but my legs start to look little bit not symetrical. Also my left thigh adductors and hamstrings got weaker its making me have little bit problems with my balance. Another things is crumps in me feets. Both of them. It happens a lot during the day. Will show u on video. So i called the hostpital to ask when I will have my neurologist appointment, and they said it shows in the system as not emergency and I will see neurologist in 7 months from now. I decided to get to Poland where Im from in september and got a private emg test done since its much cheaper then here in uk. My question is what indicates als on the emg results.

Attachments

• 20200721_123914.jpg
    20200721_123914.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 309
  • 20200721_123856.jpg
    20200721_123856.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 272
  • 20200721_201848.jpg
    20200721_201848.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 286
Everyone is asymmetrical.

If ALS or any other disease were suspected based on the results of the EMG, the summary at the end would say so. What does it say?

Well I havent done the emg yet. Will do in about 3 weeks. But I have a questionid you would be so polite to answer. How is it really with the failure and weakness. On many sites or even yt videos there is plenty of info about a muscle getting progressivelly weaker, but here on the forum everyone says it like suddent and permanent failure of the muscle. Asking bc my left deltoid is weaker ten the right one. The anterior part of it. With right arm can do fron raises with 5kg dumbell no problem multiple times, when left not even one, have to go down weight to do so. its also way smaller then the right

Attachments

• Bez tytułu.png
    Bez tytułu.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 275
When one muscle fails the surrounding muscles can pick up the work until they fail too. There is something that just won’t work and then more things. I would say my leg got weaker yes but I can identify successive failures that occurred causing more and more weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back