Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
BR
State
SP
City
Gru
Hello, people. I was wondering about one thing. I'm not fully diagnosed but I think it will happen soon, so should I ask my doctor to start Rilutek even before the diagnosis confirmation? Because sometimes this disease is diagnosed in later stages and I think that Rilutek will only help at the beginning of process. Have anyone started the medicine during the process of diagnosis? If so in these cases do you thing it was better?
God stay with you.

our neuro said rilutek is a good drug, few side affects, and if als is a possibility to go on it as soon as possible.

I took rilutek as soon as I was diagnosed, which only took a couple of weeks for all the tests and results to come back. In the UK they will not give you the drug unless you have a full diagnosis.

Nightwolf, I was diagnosed in May last year, and the neuro did not suggest Rilutek. It was going to be quite a while before I got an appointment with the clinic he referred me to, so I asked my GP for a prescription, and got it.

In my case, I felt the Rilutak made my symptoms worse, and discontinued it, but if I hadn't tried, I'm sure I'd be kicking myself. There is no harm in asking your doctor what he/she thinks you should do.

My husband tried Rilutak and had bad side effect. Nausea and extreme fatigue. He stopped after a couple of days of the medication and it took a full week to get back to normal. But we were like BethU...we just had to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back