Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
ohio
City
dresden
Hello everyone, has anyone had severe pain after eating? This started with me about 3 weeks ago. My appetite slowed down about 3 months ago, but I would still eat a couple of times a day. Now when I eat just the smallest amount of food I have stomach pain that lasts for about an hour. The pain makes me want to eat about once a day. Just not sure if this is part of the ALS or I've got something else going on.

Living for the Day

Steve

Would need more detail to offer more than a wild guess. Here's one wild guess - esophageal spasms? They are miserable enough to make one want to avoid eating.

Good guess, Liz.. Also don't forget that you might have more than one condition going on. It would be unfair of life to give you ALS and ulcers or something similar but maybe you should get it checked out. Cindy

Sorry, I guess I was vague about the pain. I knew what I was thinking just didn't say it all. It's after I eat say, a piece of toast or a bowl of cereal just the smallest amount of food and my stomach just starts hurting. Severe at times and lasting for about 30 min. I can't do anything but just sit until the pain passes. I know I can't maintain on that small amount of food. The ALS as I say is "on the move" and that's almost to much to deal with right now and now this.
Thanks for your advice and listening

Steve

Are you taking any kind of supplements that you recently started? Some of them can cause stomach distress.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back