Should a paralysed person have the right to die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, CuriousGirl.

Thanks for asking about this thread. It's important that people understand it.

Having followed the thread since Day One, and knowing a little bit about many of the participants, I can say with some confidence that the words are not prelude to action. Nobody, I think, is actually rolling a noose right now.

Instead, the participants here now are discussing/venting about a subject that lurks every day in the back of (some of) our minds.

Me, I'm just whistling the theme music to M.A.S.H. -G'nite

Hmmmm, No comments for a couple of days.

Time is often confused with timing. Everyone has time on their hands. The byrds sang a song about
Ecclesiastes, chapter 3.......... Verse 11 says, God has placed eterninty in our hearts.

There is no capacity for the human heart to comprehend what that means. I know the speed of light.
I can turn out the light and be in bed before it gets dark. :)

I am firm in the belief we are all going to die. The how and when is what trips me up. So, I am comfortable
leaving that into the hands of one greater than me. I can walk on a 4 inch plank for a while, but if you were to
lift that same plank 30 feet in the air, I start to focus on my ability and future.

Life and death. What a subject. All the mice in the world agree that the cat should have a bell around its neck.
But, not a one of them know how to get it there. We are not alone in the grand scheme of things.
When you see a turtle on a fence post. you know he didn't get there by himself....

Personally, he who loses his life, shall find it. He who holds on to life, shall lose even that which he believes
he has. There is a message in there somewhere. Ask, seek, knock...

Apropos of "should we have the right to die:"

Most of the opponents of right-to-die are the same people who merrily sing and happily bow before a sculpture of a naked, bleeding man being tortured to death. These are the same people who try to convince my children that if mommy believed in Jesus hard enough, then she wouldn't be sick. "For all things are possible with the Lord." And if your daddy doesn't come to church, then you'll be separated, because daddy will go to Hell forever, because God loves you.

Excuse my intensity on the ultimate intense subject. I think the truth is often not pretty.

We have the right to make up our own minds on a lot of subjects. But we WON'T have that right if 'good Christians' are elected to political office.

Sorry guys, we don't do religion or politics here.

AL.

Well Al, maybe you should read Christians here for support.

Jim

Sorry guys, we don't do religion... here.

AL.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah

Christians here for support provide comfort and support--they don't castigate and Al is very aware of that aspect of how that thread operates. Al works hard to keep the forum free of angst and ill feeling. Hugs to you Al--you are my hero.
Laurel

lets have a little respect for one of our great moderators

We do have religion and politics. We just don't fight about it. Nuff said.

AL.

Thanks Al! You have a lot of class, and are deserving of respect, not ridicule.

Thanks Al....I appreciate all you do!

Sorry guys, we don't do religion or politics here.

AL.

but 1/2 the posts on this forum have that 3 letter word in them G O D

Personally I believe the biggest argument to "right to die" is from Insurance company's and the legal issues involved with intentionally ending life and weather they are legally bound to pay out giving that it was a personal choice.

They sure don't want to have to pay out any earlier than they have to.

but 1/2 the posts on this forum have that 3 letter word in them G O D

Read the other half that don't have it.

Or start a thread of your own to accommodate the disbelievers, Brights, philosophical naturalists, atheists, agnostics, and whatever else the folks in the "non-deistic" groups are calling themselves these days. Might prove educational to all.

I sincerely apologize to you Al. I also appreciate you and all the other moderators. You
do a very thankless job here and I know that. I did not mean at all to be over bearing.
Maybe I should have left the "Well" off of my comment, I don't know, but you and I know
what I wrote.

"Christians here for support provide comfort and support--they don't castigate and Al is very aware of that aspect of how that thread operates. Al works hard to keep the forum free of angst and ill feeling. Hugs to you Al--you are my hero."

Laurel, your comment tops them all, angst and ill feeling. Thanks for the time most of you enjoyed my company. And Al, bless you for what you do and who you are. Sorry, I will never understand what I wrote as being to religious.

I know exatly what it means to be a Christian and to support others. And yes, they will do a fine job without me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back