Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
pennsylvania
City
philadelphia
Does anyone get really bad pain in the shins. It feels like the pain is in my bones.
I have foot and ankle atrophy could this be that my lower legs are starting to atrophy?

Last edited:
Do you mean when you walk or climb down the stairs? I have ankle atrophy and wrist atrophy and notice that these areas hurt when I use them for support.

vmd,
Yes, mostly when I use them.
Do you have any atrophty in your hands or feet or just your ankles and wrist.
I have atrophy in my hands and wrists and going up my forearms also. My emg's are still basically normal
which I don't understand. It is very frustrating.......

I get it in the calves not the shins. I don't know if it will work for you but when my calves start aching I find that if I stretch them out (4 reps @ 15 seconds each) the pain will go away.

I don't get shin pain per se, but I do feel like the muscles there, what's left anyway, sometimes are contracting even though I am not using them. But this is not really a cramp or even painful. My shins are one of the few places where you can obviously see the atrophy, there is a hollowed-out area on both of them that wasn't there several months ago.

My thoughts are that clonus and spasicity can cause this pain and such, the constant contracting and the clonus seem to be a reason for what seems like pain, or ache like feeling. I agree stretching sometimes will help release things a bit.
If you have stiffness that can really cause the achey feeling you describe. Hoping

crystal:

I have atrophy in the hands, or at least I believe so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back