Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, those things hurt no matter how much we tell ourselves it’s the beast. I would do similar things as Tillie, not the faces, but I’d get out of the room and have my little silent tantrum and then get back in control before re entering the room.

Spend time concentrating on the the puppy. It will give you both joy.

Keep you in and Darcy in my thoughts daily.

Hugs

Hi Jim...just wanted to let you and Darcey know I'm thinking about you and hope your doing as well as can be expected. You must be getting close to getting your new baby pup which I hope will bring you a boost of joy. That's so exciting. Take care, Jlynn

Jlynn,

Thank you for the "hello"! Things have much improved since I opened this thread. Our new baby, Elise, is due home on the 28th if all goes well. The prospect of the new puppy has been a positive influence on Darcey's demeanor. Indeed an exciting time. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts! :)

My best...

Jim

Jim,

So happy to hear things have brightened in your world, makes me smile. I know your loving is still shining through and I know Darcy feels it too. Hugs to you my friend.

Glad to hear it - thank you for updating.

Thanks for the update, Jim. Continued thoughts and prayers for you and Darcy.

Glad to hear things are a little better! Please post puppy pics when you bring her home!

So great to hear from you Jim, and with a little positive to boot - YAY!

Countdown to the new baby! So exciting!

Yeppers! We're doing as good as we can. Darcey is still trying to eat by mouth. We're down to mashed potatoes (but only the ones I make), sweet potato casserole, Stouffer's spinach casserole, mac & cheese and tuna casserole (but I have to keep the tuna to a minimum because it feels like small rocks in her throat). I'm really having to work to get her to take much more than 1 Jevity 1.5 per day. And yes, she continues to lose weight.

She had me up her Trilogy to its max setting recently. She was waking with headaches. Raising it to max has, for the moment, abated those headaches. It may have also helped with her mental well-being... which has been much better of late. She dabbles with the new eyegaze and isn't particularly pleased with is as it is "different" from what she uses currently. But her voice is being less recognized by Dragon Naturally Speaking... so controlling the computer becomes more and more problematic. She has firmly stated that when she can no longer control a computer, she'll be ready to "check out".

Son Jim arrives home from Brooklyn, NY on Wed. Early Thu morning we'll drive up to pick up our new puppy, Elise. We are all very excited! The breeder had us send up a pair of socks that we'd worn for a bit so it would have our scent on it. That package arrived today. So, tomorrow, Elise will have the first hint (scent) of who her new family will be. We're told that she's the quiet, yet smart one of the litter. In no time at all, she figured out how to escape from her harness. The next day, while outside, they were all shown... once... how to get onto the back deck. The next day, Elise went right up to the deck and got up on it, turned and seemed to say, "Hey! Look what I remembered from yesterday!" I just might have my work cut out for me. LOL

My best to each and every one of you!!

Jim

Jim you are positively amazing.

With respect to the eye gaze, I hope Darcy keeps with it. It really has opened up a whole world for my pals. It allows him not only to speak, but also to operate his theatre system and stereo, read his books, surf the web, and to do internet shopping. (Honestly I would prefer much less internet shopping but it seems to make him happy...) Basically every shred of independence he now has comes from that machine. It took him a long time to accept it and start to use it but now I don’t know what he would do without it.

I’m so glad you are getting a puppy! We got a new pup last year after our older boy died. It was fabulous for my pals having the puppy around. Puppy is now pretty much grown up, and there is nothing in the world that makes my PALS laugh or smile more than our two dogs. They are the best therapy there is. And they are my rocks- what CALS couldn’t use that kind of ever-present, unconditional love and support?!

Looking forward to the pictures! I’ve attached a couple of photos of our two pups/bundles of joy.
0FCBE3F0-D01D-435C-9D10-AD92146BB585.jpg
48C12468-A1C4-4C5B-A4F5-90FBC4012657.jpg

Jim, Darcey really did find her Prince Charming in you. People tell me that I was a good caregiver, but you, my friend, take the cake.

I can't wait to see pictures of Elise with the two of you. I know that she will be great medicine for both of you! I'm including a recent picture of Heidi. I had such mixed feelings about getting a dog when we did, but she is my lifesaver.

I am sorry to read that you have had to max out the Trilogy. I understand everything unsaid, and you both have a large place in my heart.

Please give my love to Darcey.

Becky

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 162
Good to hear you guys are trooping on! Hope the eyegaze gets less frustrating every day. I get Darcey, she's not one to look at a wall all day.
Sending you lots of energy for dealing with the new smart puppy and the very big rest. Hugs!

Hugs to you both. The puppy will bring so much joy and love. Yes training while being a CALS can be a bit trying but worth it all. Oreo was huge to Brian and he loved laying on Brian’s bed with him.

Praying the best to you both.

Just so we can see him better. (They look so innocent when resting/sleeping. ) :wink: B.

Attachments

• Puppy.jpg
    Puppy.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back