Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday night she only did one syringe full. She finished off that Jevity late Friday morning. By Friday evening, she said that she still was not feeling good at all. I encouraged her to have another Jevity... which she did. Friday night I had her in bed by 11:30PM. When I turned off the ROKU (I can listen through headphones and not keep Darcey up) at 12:30AM, she was still not asleep. I moved her around in the bed and tucked her in, again. I went to sleep but slept fitfully until getting up at 4AM to get a jump on the day. I checked on her at 6AM, moved her around and let her try to go back to sleep. At 7:30AM, I gave her half a benadryl. She slept until I got her up at 10:30AM and moved downstairs. She slept in her chair this afternoon.

BUT... she did let me give her two Jevity boxes... and seems a bit more comfortable tonight. I'm just taking it moment by moment. As a never to be forgotten wise man once said, "It is what it is".

My best...

Jim

All my love to you Jim.

Thank you Jim for finding the time to update us here. I think about you both daily and appreciate hearing how you are faring. One day at a time! Hugs to you both! Jlynn

Continuing to keep you in my prayers Jim and Darcy as well. You are doing an amazing job. Darcy is very blessed to have you.

Thanks for the update Jim. Hoping today is a good day.

Sending good thoughts as you two shuffle through the shifting sands together.

Sorry I haven't seen this post sooner. Jim, I have always admired your spirit and love for your wife. You are a wonderful husband. So sorry this disease is relentless.

Jim just want you to know I'm thinking of you both xxx

Same here. Good thought for hard times.

Thinking of you Jim and hoping your plugging along ok.

you are a FANTASTIC caregiver and a kind and loving husband. My heart is with you both.

You are still in my thoughts and prayers Jim. Hugs

Holding on to you both xxx

Constantly on my mind and not pressuring, just want to keep letting you know you are both being held high in my thoughts xxx

First, my love and best to you all! Your care and attention provides a comfort and strength that is beyond explanation. Thank you!

When I last reported it was Saturday. Saturday night she slept a bit better but woke on Sunday feeling extremely light-headed. Taking her from bed to bathroom resulted in her feeling like she was going to pass out. Moving off the toilet resulted in the same feeling... so she asked to be taken back to bed rather than to the stair chair (to head downstairs for the day). As I was moving her back to the bed, I could tell that she'd passed out. Once in bed with the sling removed, I held her upright until she regained some sense. I took the sling off and made her comfortable in bed. She stayed in bed until mid-afternoon (when we did another bathroom trip and then headed downstairs).

That Sunday, she had 4 Jevity... the most that she's ever taken in a single day. Since then she's had 1 or 2 Jevity each day. Her attitude seems to be better but she's not going to take the 5 Jevity that have been recommended. She did eat some canned peach slices during the week but nothing else by mouth.

On Saturday, our son Jim was traveling to see us. He was coming by train. That is always an emotional booster for both of us. Darcey asked if I'd make her some mashed potatoes for dinner. I did that, some green beans and a rotisserie chicken. She ate a very healthy helping of mashed potatoes and green beans... but no chicken. She just isn't comfortable trying to swallow chicken any more. Even the green beans are a challenge. But the mashed potatoes go down reasonably well. When finished, she proclaimed, "I haven't felt this full in a long time. In fact, I think I ate enough mashed potatoes that it is probably coming out around my stomach tube!" I laughed, certain that she was joking. But at bedtime, when I checked her tube, she said, "How much mashed potato came out?" I think she was serious... or certainly appeared so by the tone of her voice and the look on her face. In retrospect, she could have just taken me for a ride and was inwardly laughing, herself!

So... where are we? Honestly, I don't know. When asked, she'll say that she doesn't know. So, for the moment, we're taking it one day at a time. It will be helpful to have Jim home for a bit. We've been babysitting his cat, Gray, since he last left. Gray will be heading home with him this time as he'll be driving his car back to Brooklyn, NY. We'll both miss Gray... but having both Gray and Jim leave will be hard on Darcey. Fortunately, we're not there yet.

I may have mentioned that I have a new puppy. Her name is Elise and she was born on January 23rd. She is a Coton de Tulear (same breed as Elsie who was with us for almost 13 years). I've attached some pictures of her.

So... one day at a time. We're all currently in much better spirits. Thank you for your patience in getting an update. I wrote one a week ago but had not finished. Upon returning to my computer, I inadvertently closed the window and lost the reply. As any who has minimal time can attest to, those kinds of events can be deflating.

So again, thank you. I've just moved some serious HUGS into the ether. Take one, feel my love and appreciation and pass it on. My best to each of you...

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back