Status
Not open for further replies.
And now that I've had my moment of selfishness and self-pity, I can more clearly see just how absolutely courageous she is. What an absolutely amazing lady!!!

Jim

Oh Jim, words fail me.

It is time you start venting however you need here, I'm so glad you have started this thread. Your devotion and love shine through.

This beast is eating away fast at Darcy - this is not her, this is not any failing by you, this is ALS marching on through where nothing should ever be allowed to go.

One day at a time, and when that is too much, one hour.

Indeed - you are both huge heroes for me!

Oh my, Jim. I'm so sorry things have taken such an awful turn. Ever since I joined this forum, every post I have seen from you has resonated with the deep love you have for Darcey. You have been such an awesome caregiver. And I'm sure you will continue to be, even if the decisions Darcey is making are hard to accept. The whole situation is heartbreaking.

Sending big hugs!

Selfish? Self pity? No!

You are brave and loving and I continue to be in awe of your strength and understanding. Your restraint and taking the burden of Darcy’s “ reason” is so deeply compassionate. I am awed.

Sending huge hugs to both of you

Jim, I am so sorry you are dealing with this now. It is the hardest and yet most loving thing we can do for our PALS. Every time I would read one of your posts, I would say to myself this man is an amazing husband and inspirational CALS.

You and Darcey are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Jim, I can't say it any better than Nikki... I am in awe of your strength and understanding. You and Darcy are in my prayers.

I'm so sorry Jim.

you have been amazing caregiver and husband. I can't speak for Darcy of course, but now that my care needs have grown it is so hard to be such a burden and watch those we love dearly suffe. By far the most difficult loss for me was my voice, Darcy is probably feeling same way .

much love to you both.

Not a bit of selfishness in you Jim. Not one bit. You are in what is probably the most challenging time in your life. Watching your loved one progress is gut wrenching. You go on and havea bit of a "pity party" when you need to. Every one of us are here for you and thinking about you both.

So sorry that you and Darcy are going through this difficult time Jim. You have been an awesome CALS and as you've shared with us , you and Darcy have shared a deepened love in the midst of all you've gone through. Hoping that love can help you both through this time, Kate

Dear Jim, I can see from your post how difficult this is for you. You have been a wonderful CALS through this all and I wish you both love and comfort.

V

Earlier this evening, Darcey told me that she really wasn't feeling good. I reminded her that it was nearing the end of the 4th day without eating. I suggested that she might want to have a Jevity. She then said, "I'd do that if I didn't think you would be a disappointment with me." I said, "Quite the contrary. I'd love you have have something nourishing... even if only to buy you a bit of time to determine what you feel is really the right course to be taken. I am absolutely NOT in a hurry to be done with you!"

We agreed that she would do a single Jevity... but only a syringe full at a time. The first syringe was half an hour ago. I'm now going to ask how she's feeling and see if she'd consider another syringe full.

Thank you... ALL OF YOU... for being such caring participants in this ride we call ALS. I am grateful to be associated and among the lot of you! :)

My very best!

Jim

Jim, your thoughtful, responsive and respectful approach to Darcy's needs and your true partnership in this is so clear. I am glad you know folks are here for you and you can touch base for the support you need. You're a good man.

What shiftkicker said. Your a good man.

Jim please know my thoughts and prayers are with you. You are amazing and still find time to help here. Sending huge hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back