08/2018
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Hello all,

I posted a few days ago that I thought my mom was nearing the end of her battle and I was correct. She passed away this past Sunday at Mass General Hospital. We made the decision to give her comfort measures only, removed her bipap, and she passed less than 24 hours later. It was so peaceful! I was sitting next to her and didn’t even notice. The nurse actually came in and told us.

I am completely devastated but relieved and at peace that we made the right decision not to prolong her life and she is no longer suffering.

I have appreciated having this forum to read and learn from. I pray for all affected by ALS; patients and caregivers.

Alison

I am very sorry. You are correct you did the right thing even though it was hard. It was a gift of love. I am happy she is free. Wishing you strength for these coming days

You definitely made the right decision. I’m sorry you had to go through all this. I’m glad she is at peace.

I'm very sorry, Alison, but of course you did right by your mom. Wishing you and your family peace and strength on your path.

Best,
Laurie

I am so sorry for your loss. Your peace will come with knowing she is no longer suffering and her wishes were honored. Big hugs to you and your family.

Please know that giving her a peaceful and fairly swift passing was a huge act of love that took courage. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss of your mom but glad that she is at peace. You made the right decision, as difficult as it must have been.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Alison, you did well. I'm glad she passed peacefully. My heart is with you.

So sorry for your loss, Alison. You honored her wishes. A peaceful passing is a blessing for those suffering from this disease.

Sending hugs.

Hugs, I'm so sorry for your loss. As everyone else said, you did the right thing, I'm glad for her that she is free now.

I am so sorry about your loss. May you find comfort knowing you all were blessed with a peaceful passing.

I'm sorry for your loss but very glad you were with her in the end. So glad she passed peacefully.

I am very sorry for your loss, and I am sure it must be very very hard decision for you to let her go.

So sorry for your loss. Glad the end was peaceful.

I too am very sorry for your loss. Sending strength and comfort to you. So wonderful you could be with her at the end.

hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back