Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
WA
City
Kelso
My big brother is now to the point that his fingers are almost useless so more often he is cutting himself shaving. He grasps 80% of things with his palms now. We want to get an electric razor but thought I would get an opinion from those that have already gone through this step in the disease.

What do you use for shaving? What brand/model do you recommend if changing from standard razor to electric razor?

Ellie

shaving

Hi Ellie,

The guys can probably give a much better answer than I can. LB, my husband, has a Panasonic ES8066, he had it prior to ALS. It is a wet/dry razor and he really liked it. He could use it a while after he was unable to use a regular razor but his hands are so weak now that I do it for him. Personally, I would rather shave him with the regular razor. With the electric he needs a shave everyday and with the other we can skip a day.

Good luck on you decision.

I use a Philishave Coolskin that has a built in lotion dispenser and is a wet dry type as well but I too find it doesn't shave as close as a blade but I was cutting myself as well so better to shave twice if I'm going out in the evening rather than cutting my throat or having bits of TP stuck all over the place.
AL.

I shave my husband with a regular 3 blade razor, the electric type did not work near as well and took 3 times a long to complete the task. It can be hard for him to make the faces he needs to do for me to get a close shave and I can always feel a place or two I missed. I usually catch my face in the mirror making the faces for him.

The question is old, I admit. My solution was to grow a beard. It gets trimmed every month or so with a beard trimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back