Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NC
City
Raleigh
It's been awhile since I've been on here.Last year I started having fasculations and
went to ole doctor Google.Well you can guess how that turned out.I slurred a couple times and thats when I really got scared!I looked at the bottom of my tongue and one side looked deformed.My tongue was twitching and everything.The doc. looked at my tongue and said he hadn't seen anything like that before.He also told me before that how rare the disease is and he never had anyone come to the emergency room and later have ALS.I felt like I couldn't swallow sometimes and my voice lost it's bass.I also couldnt lay on my back and sleep because it felt like my throat was closing .I had bad jerks when falling to sleep also.They did tests and I had no deficiencies.He said this happens to people sometimes and they can't explain it.But he assured me I didn't have ALS(which I was thinking,"I've done research.You can't tell me I don't have it by just a couple tests and a physical").After that he said no need to recommend me to a neuro. This was the hardest time in my life..I couldn't take it.I WAS STRESSED!One night I fell on my knees after crying and just prayed to God.I said if this is what it's going to be then all I can do is put it on your shoulders Lord.I kind of felt a since of peace after that.Then I found you guys on here.I never asked if any of you thought I had it or described my symptoms.I guess I was to scared.But as I read I was overwhelmed by the love and kindness on here.It's amazing how people whine about the smallest things taking life for granite.If they only new.lol.Well 1 yr later I'm still having fasculations (as we speak) But no weakness.My voice has it's bass back(has been fine for 5 months and my other symptoms have improved.Which defies every law of ALS.So I'm assuming it wasn't.For awhile I couldn't work or leave the house.I stopped talking to friends etc.I'd like to thank you guys,God,my wonderful fiancee,and Johnny Cash for getting me through this.You truly are wonderful people.No matter what happens life is short period.But God is eternity.You will be blessed and you will walk with the Lord if you believe.You all are wonderful ,strong people,with big hearts.If most people had the heart and courage you guys do the world would be a lot better place.No matter what happens I will never forget you guys or ALS.Iv'e been trying to spread the word about it to people who don't know.And trust me a lot of people don't!But I have a couple tricks up my sleeve to help spread the word and importance to donate or help in anyway they can.Take care everyone. Love all of you.

Thanks for your post! I am excited for you that you don't have ALS, that is wonderful news!

Take care of yourself and have a marvelous life!

hi bryant,i remember you.
so pleased to hear your feeling better and no als.
take care.caroline

Hi Bryant, I am truly happy for you, just move forward and do not look back.
God Bless,
Wayne

Thanks for coming back to tell your story. Good luck.

AL.

Thank you all.Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back