08/2014
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Otonabee
Hi PALS,
I am looking at buying the Shane's Neck Brace for my husband.
We have tried a number of them but none have been comfortable for him.
Anyone have one? Pros? Cons?
Thanks for your help.
I don't want to spend 150 dollars if it is not going to help him.
Cheryl

I bought one. The first one was very comfortable but fell apart in a week. We called Shane who told us he got a bad batch from the manufacturer and would send us a new one. we waited, called him again, and he told us again he would do that. Never did. finally we disputed the charges with mastercaed, and suddenly a new one appeared. It was a smaller size, but seems to work well.

I bought the Shane's Neck Brace for my husband. It's just right, very lightweight, not too cumbersome, and plenty of space for air circulation. My biggest complaint is that he (Shane) seems to be a one man operation. He took a long time getting it to us after many phone calls. He claimed he had a lot of orders to process. Maybe. He answers the phone "Shane here!", lol!

Ours never stayed together, but possibly the product has improved since then given Neil's experience. If it had been comfortable for my husband, I would have glued the plastic pieces in myself.

After trying them all (Aspen, Philly, Trac, various foams, plastic + foam), we ended up back at a medium density foam version -- very basic -- branded as Ita-Med. A lot of our rejects would work well for someone whose head did not droop as much as my husband's did, since any unsupported droop against the edge of anything structured, padded or not, hurt his jaw. My hope was that we'd find one shaped to not push up but not permit droop either (how many double negatives was that?), but that never happened. So we just supported his head with our hands, in the foam collar, while he was in the sling.

It was the only one my husband would use, never had a problem. Cost was only $65 when we bought it though, I believe 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back