Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Seattle
Our dear friend Shane has died...I am in shock....here is his note to family and friends

Dear Family and Friends,

I am glad to announce that I have been released from my pain and suffering, I have passed away ! Please know that I am happy to be out of that prison. God gave me a wonderful body, I could do any sport I wanted. And then ALS hit me...the slow decline and the loss of the use of the body was extremely painful. But that is all over now so please rejoice and share my happiness at being released !

Please go to this website for information about the funeral...hope to see you there !

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/shanefitzmaurice

My faith in God is strong...hope to see you on the other side !

Much Love,
Shane
( Written in December 2011 )

Hi Family and Friends,

Shane wanted me to send this out to everyone.
Please feel free to post your memories and fun stories about Shane.
I will post the funeral information on this site when it has been arranged.
Please respect our time with our family, we will not be answering phone calls til
tomorrow.

no disrespect meant but which Shane was this. Sorry I have to ask.

AL

I think she means Shane the Pain. I'm happy he's happy to be gone but I'm sad for those that loved him and will miss him. I know he was an activist for ALS treatment. May he rest in peace.

Al, It was Shane FitzMaurice also known as Shane the Pain

My post and sympathies went to moderation. I wish his family and all who loves him God's Peace and Comfort.

I received the email. Incredible. This has just been an unbelievable week with all of this news. May our Lord wrap HIS loving arms around those 4 children and his lovely, supportive wife. Oh this disease ........... Thank you for posting this, Sequoia. It's late on the east coast. Good night dear one.

To His family and friends I Pray for Peace and Comfort and knowing Shane is now at Peace and rejoicing in Heaven. Thank you Sequioa for posting his letter to us all. So I will say to Shane , see ya later and I rejoice with you at being released, but will miss you for now.

1ee0817bcf05ad0e48db418c00795666.jpg

so sorry to see another one go. Can't believe how crappy this week's turning out.

AL

Me too. It's too much.

I agree, Al. Sending my condolences to Shane's family. Yasmin.

Shane,
ALS may have taken some things but it didn't take your sense of humor. Thank you. You're in good hands now!

To Shane's Family and Friends,
You're in my thoughts and prayers.

We think the world of Shane!

Another sad day...My sympathies and prayers go to his family. The saddest part is it just feels as though while we all see what is happening the rest of the world has no clue as to what is happeninh with ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back