Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that I should be thrilled that I have a clean EMG but I still have so many symptoms. My legs, arms, back, and chest are crampy and twitchy all the time. My shoulders burn. So do my arms up around my shoulder. My hands are sore and my arms feel stretched when I pick things up. My hands are sore and numb feeling at night when I sleep.My throat is sore on the left side and I am itchy all over. My right leg feels heavier than my left leg. My thighs are sore and crampy. There doesn't seem to be any atrophy as of yet but there is definitely weakness and pain. My left foot stays numb and tingly. I am still so scared that something was missed.

Please reframe your thinking. If everything is pointing away from ALS as it is then instead of pursuing the something missed and ALS is the issue thoughts say there is something wrong with me. What is it? Consider it could be multifactorial too.

Approaching the doctors with an open mind will make answers much more likely to be found

I'm sorry you are having these issues, but you are on a site for ALS and not one single thing you have listed, not even a part of one of the things you've listed, is even remotely close to ALS.

Since you don't have ALS, there's no reason to keep posting symptoms that forum members cannot help you with. The members here have ALS and can answer questions to do with the disease. The site does not cover general health inquiries.

Please remember that and take all questions going forward to your doctor. You'll be sure to get further along in getting help than you would here. That's what your doctor is there for.

Again, I'm sorry for whatever is going on, but it's not ALS, and that's the only thing this site is for.

Take good care.

I appreciate all of your insight. I truly do. I have a follow up in a week. Hopefully, answers will come. I will he sure to update. Thank you again.

One more question, friends. I feel like I am stumbling over my words. I bit my bottoms lip earlier today when talking. My tongue feels kind of "burnt". I feel like I am producing extra saliva and am having to swallow more often. I dont notice any fasics but it kind of hurts when I stretch it out. Could this be bulbar?

Nope. You had a clean EMG. The EMG shows damage even in areas you don't have symptoms in. Try a better lip balm, drink more, use a saline spray or cough drop.

Please go back and re-read my response to your question a couple of days ago. That response still applies. This site is not set up to hand hold individuals with non-ALS symptoms and issues.

Take good care and best of luck in your future.

Goodbye.

OK. I thank you all so much for your time and consideration. I truly appreciate all that you do here.

I had my follow up with the neurologist today. There was no denervation shown in the EMG. All normal. Slight carpal tunnel in wrist. As for the twitching and soreness, he said that he believes it to be a post viral syndrome. My blood tests showed a past infection of Parvo B19. I had disc impingement in my C4-C5 and C5-C6. He told me to follow up if symptoms get worse. I appreciate all of the input given on these forums and thank all for their time and insight.

Thanks for stopping back -- it helps others. All the best.

Hey all. A couple of days our from my follow up. I am getting really sore and crampy. My left leg is cramping more. It is cramping at night when I straighten it out. My right leg is also cramping. I noticed this morning that my left foot is considerably weaker than my right. I cant pinch with my big toe on the left like I can with the right. I also cant lift my left toes off of the ground without lifting the big toe with it. I can easily do this with the right foot. I had always chalked this up to disc herniation but my neuro said that he didnt pick anything up on EMG. Left foot is still numb and tingly most of the time. I also have a numb spot on my left thigh. My butt is also sore and often gets numb when I sit for long periods.

My shoulders, neck, and arms all burn, tingle, and ache. Lifting the smallest things make my arm muscles burn. My hands hurt after holding anything for more than a minute. This morning, my right wrist is extremely sore for no apparent reason.

My tongue still feels burnt and raw. I noticed that I'm biting my cheeks and lips when I eat. The left side of my throat random starts hurting, often after I eat something cold. I have to clear my throat constantly and am spitting up stuff all day. My voice keeps cracking and I am still messing up words. My PCP looked at it yesterday and didnt see any infection. That scared me thinking that bulbar issues could be happening.

She looked at my hands, arms, and legs and didnt see any muscle wasting but I'm still twitching all over my body, sometimes jerking whole limbs.

The fact that carpal tunnel was detected in my EMG but no denervation in a limb that is cramping and twitching is making me second guess the EMG. Has anyone here heard of ALS being falsely diagnosed as carpal tunnel? Can EMG tell the difference? I am worried that the EMG might not have comprehensive enough. Should I seek a second opinion? Super appreciative of any feedback I receive.

Your emg doesn’t show ALS , your doctor doesn’t see ALS and we have told you repeatedly it doesn’t sound like it to us. You are free to disbelieve all of the above but we can not help you any longer. I am closing this thread. Do not start another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back