Reason
PALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Ottawa
Hi....I just found out that my mum who's now in a chronic care hospital with ALS, is on a number of meds. One of them is Seroquel. Is this a regularly prescribed drug for ALS? She seems more upset & depressed than usual. Anyone know of the side effects of this drug? I know that it's an antipsycotic but I don't understand why it's being prescribed for her. Thanks, Adele

Hi Adele

Hi Adele, I would have asked the DR. I don't your Mom's situation but this is not an ALS med. This is for Schizophrenia and Bipolar. The side effects include dizziness, depression and weakness. Please talk to the Dr. My Best to you, Beebe

Adele -

Seroquel is a very potent antipsyhcotic medication. Have you asked the prescribing physician exactly why this is being prescribed for your mom? Sometimes facilities use such meds to sedate people so they are more "manageable".

Liz

Adele said:
Hi....I just found out that my mum who's now in a chronic care hospital with ALS, is on a number of meds. One of them is Seroquel. Is this a regularly prescribed drug for ALS? She seems more upset & depressed than usual. Anyone know of the side effects of this drug? I know that it's an antipsycotic but I don't understand why it's being prescribed for her. Thanks, Adele
the doctor should reevauate your mom there is so may drugs out there and seroquel has too many side effects.

Doctors

The people in this forum know more than 95% of the doctors in this world! Isn't that ashame.

I'm sick of Dr's just prescribing and prescribing and prescribing.....and they don't know what they are doing....

I would research all your moms meds and be her dr if i were you..... A Dr. overdosed my brother in law...he's now in the hosptial 1/2 way brain dead..... this dr. was supposed to be an expert....

Anyway, i'm just venting, it makes me sad to see what dr.s do to patients. Some Dr's are good..., but majority have no clue.

Good luck.

Jamie

AMEN! to that. Pat

Medications for mum

We have to be our own advocate when we can and allow those who love us to research and support us when we aren't in the place to. If there's a question from you Adele about your mum's medications, dig deeper to find an answer. Sounds like you sure love her and that's a big piece to the puzzel of why you want your med questions answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back