Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
I just wanted to post this! A long time ago i had posted how my sense of smell was so strong along with the fact i had hyperreflexia yadda yadda.... This was after my gallblader surgery.... Well anyways i noticed the other day that my sense of smell was not strong anymore, normal.......(still have the hyperrreflexia) Then when i went to the cardiologist i had to bring my meds. My anxiety med klonopin and my allergy medecine. Well after the appt i decided to look up stuff about my klonopin. Low and behold it said that withdrawal symptoms included an increased sense of smell! I had stopped taking my meds all together right before my surgery and didnt start them until a few weeks later. In that time frame was when i could smell things soo strong, isnt that funny? sam

Great to have an explanation of one symptom !

UMN symptoms are strongly related to an increase sense of smell. I can remember way back at the beginning, I think it is stongly related to the gag reflex.. Hopefully your's was related to the Klonipin...good that your's has returned to relative normal..

Sammantha,

I'm glad it looks like that particular issue might have a straightforward explaination. I remember my brother helping my father go all his various medications (he has essential tremor plus a handful of other issues), and pointing out to him that a lot of the things he assumed were progressing symptoms could be explained by shifting prescriptions.

Best wishes,

Robert

Sam, I am shocked that you didn't have more withdrawl symptoms than increased sense of smell.

OH i did, but i was on pain pills for almost a week so i was sleeping a lot!

I went through withdrawal purposely once and heightened sense of smell was not a symptom but tremors, high emotions, even anger were........ I thought i was good until i had something trivial happen that made my anxiety flare up so i had to start taking them again, even though i wish i did not have to. I still am at the lowest dosage........ Besides if i take too much it affects my ability to breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back