Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uni
State
Illinois
City
Homer Glen
I'm a student at the University of Illinois at Chicago, and I'm looking for wheelchair users to help with some questions I have about wheelchair cushions for a class project. Your input will help guide the development of a new cushion technology and really help me out. Please let me know if you can help by answering a few questions.

To wordsmith Mike's comment a bit, for some people, Roho is better. There is more than one kind of dynamic pressure technology, and some people cannot handle anything but a static cushion. Often, PALS begin with one cushion type and end with another.

Where and how the w/c is being used, and who is sitting in it amounts to a lot of variables.

What would cause someone to not be able to handle a dynamic cushion such as a Roho? I'm guessing that transferring in and out of the chair and seating stability would be a downside for anyone who moves a bit.

Yes, moving against air cells is harder. However, the cells can be locked for a little more stability. If you are working on cushion design, also consider what could optimize sling positioning under the PALS and lining up transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back