Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ma
City
boston
Hi, I've gone ahead and read the stickies. Just checking on a few symptoms which are a troubling - thought I'd come here for some advice. I'm a 24 year old male with no real medical history.

I've noticed some weakness in my left arm recently, mainly in the shoulder/upper arm area; this includes bicep and tricep. Also, there is some atrophy in the arm. I first noticed this about a month or two ago and it has been getting worse recently. My arm seems to tire more easily than the other as well. I notice it while doing small tasks (ie: washing hair) as well as bigger tasks (ie: carrying boxes). I also have muscle twitching throughout my body which seems to have come on recently as well. Finally, my left leg seems a bit tight when I wake up in the morning. It feels a bit tight when I am walking as well.

I saw my GP today and have been referred to a Neuro who I'll be seeing after the holidays. I know I seem too young to worry, but I can't rule anything out. Any thoughts on all of this?

Thank you!

Focus,

Words of wisdom?: Enjoy the Christmas & New Year Holidays

Truthfully, the chances of you having ALS are extremely slim. It's great that you are following up with your GP.

Please let us know after you've seen the neuro- and if at all possible do not "focus"on your symptoms.

Don't speculate, leave it to the doctors. Don't dr google, don't worry yourself sick. Do enjoy friends, family and this special time of year. I wish you peace.

Good for you seeing a doctor to ease your mind, but it's unlikely you have anything to worry about. Let us know how it all goes. Take care.

Hi, there's many things that it could be, please put ALS out of your thought process for now... Enjoy your Christmas and your life. It is extremely rare at your age... keep us posted, and I wish you well.

We can't eliminate mistakes, but we can prevent those that can really hurt us. Using exemplars of clear thinking and attained wisdom, Bevelin focuses on how our thoughts are influenced, why we make misjudgments and tools to improve our thinking. Bevelin tackles such eternal questions as: Why do we behave like we do? What do we want out of life? What interferes with our goals? Read and study this wonderful multidisciplinary exploration of wisdom. It may change the way you think and act in business and in life.

Herryon,

Hello & welcome,

Your post appears to be is a cut & paste of Peter Bevlin's book review: Seeking Wisdom. I wonder if you are aware of our thread: "What are you reading?"

That being said:

I read Bevlin's book some years ago, and found it dryly interesting, not particularly "deep" or innovative in content, but I was intrigued by his analyses of Warren Buffet's ideology. For me, it was more of a business book (in line of Covey's 1980's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People with a bit of "Everything I Learned, I Learned in Kindergarten ( Fulghum) published around the same time.

Bevlin did not inspire me to live/love better. I am much more in awe by the writings of Buscaglia, Didion & Judd to name a few.

Looking forward to meeting you again in our "reading room."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back