Seeking understanding is all, is joint pain familiar with mnd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SasukeUchiha252

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
City
Augusta
I have a lot of respect for you guys for still helping others despite your situation, I have been twitching for about a month and a half , started in head region quickly spread all over I’d say within a day or 2 no more than a week, well I’ve been waking up several times a night and also my thumb hurts like a sore feeling , the day this started I couldn’t use my thumb like to tie my shoe or grip small things but now I can, I was throwing the football the other day and got pain in the crease of my arm on the same side that I have sore fingers but it quickly subsided , fingers are still sore , I’m also afraid it’s spreading to my other hand I can feel it like pre cramping in so many words and I’m still having twitching /fasciculation everyday , in my left hand I can flex and induce a fast one that I can barely feel , I’ve seen two neurologist who thinks it’s anxiety I have normal babinski and normal deep tendon reflexes he doesn’t think I need emg but on the second visit he asked if wanted one and I was too scared because I kind of know what’s happening so my questions are
1. Has anyone had onset like this because I’ve read that it starts in the thumbs
2. Would it all happen to me so fast any experience with this?
3.would stiffness and pain come before clinical weakness in fingers
4. Why are none of my drs concerned when I’m having symptoms of mnd
I cannot function it’s all I think about all day and I twitch from morning to night , you all can be honest with me I can take it , thank you so much

Hello- please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting

1. Not sure where or what you're reading, but that's not really the case at all.
2. No, nor does it come and go.
3. No
4. They are not concerned about MND because you don't show the clinical symptoms of MND.

So, while you may have convinced yourself you have ALS, your doctors don't see it. This really is good news! The key is to keep working with them to track down the cause of your problems but focusing on ALS would be pretty unproductive for sure.

Ok thanks I’ve just done so much research I’m an athlete as well and have stopped everything even going to work since this has started it has really taken over me I’m afraid of the state I will be in , in say 3 months , I may just go ahead and ask for the emg just don’t know how I will handle the results the all over twitching and pain in my fingers is so worrying and scares the crap out of me I’m 27, I lost weight but have gained 4 pounds back , I feel I went to the drs too early so I will make another appointment thanks for your help I won’t bother you guys anymore like a looney, I just wish the symptoms would stop

Here's my suggestion. Stop thinking of your issues as "symptoms" of something. Then there's no reason not to go to work just like you do when you stub your toe or strain your hand over the weekend. See how far that takes you.

There are two mindsets to follow when you're not in perfect health (as if anyone is? not.) and your doctors are not concerned. One is, everything's a symptom and you hide under the bed. The other is, live your life and deal with anything that stands in the way, if/when it actually does.

As ShiftKicker has said, no reason to worry about ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:
I hadn't actually read or commented on this thread, but have now read very carefully.
You may not believe this Sasuke, but you haven't gone to the Dr too early. ALS simple doesn't start this way.
People who try to direct their doctors to look for ALS, ask them to do EMG that they want etc, simply delay and prolong the diagnostic process as you take the doctor off the track they would have followed.

You are not a looney, but you are trying to diagnose on fear, not on clinical evidence.
Please, make yourself step back and let your doctors do their job.

To answer your original questions:
1. no
2. no
3. no
4. you are not having symptoms of ALS, but your doctors are trying to work to get you to health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back