Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
04/2021
Country
US
State
GA
I have searched through several of the threads on secretions. I can see we should start pineapple juice.

The trilogy he uses at night has a humidifier but during the day he doesn't use a humidifier. Maybe we can get a room humidifier. Our palli
ative care nurse who made house calls resigned.

We are waiting for Compassus to hire a replacement. I emailed the Synapticure nurse late in the afternoon. I am sure she will contact me back with some ideas in the morning.

Has anyone tried Botox? Was it worth it?

PALs is using glycopyrrolate, morphine, hyoscyamine and Guaifenesin. Scopalamine made him nice but confused.

Any other suggestions?

I have a cheap hygrometer from Lowes. It also has a remote sensor for outdoors. It tells me the temp and relative humidity inside and out. I also have a humidifier/air purifier (VENTA). I researched online and then bought it at Walmart. Does your ALSA chapter reimburse you for purchases?

In the meantime you can boil water on the stove and/or run a hot shower into a tub. Collecting the hot water helps, as does having the new water spray hit the tub full of water.

I always recommend to cover things on the allergy/irritation side, too -- so making sure furnace and machine filters , hoses, and masks are clean.

And if you use a humidifier and/or air purifier, replacing its filters on schedule. Humidifiers get moldy easily if not cleaned regularly. And I would only use purifiers that are CARB-certified. Many emit significant ozone and cannot clean basic irritants from the air.

Consumer Reports recommended Blue Air Blue Pure 211. I'm so sorry your nurse quit. I hope you and your PALS get a much better one quickly.

The MD increased the hyoscyamine and we haven't used morphine since and PALS is doing much better with the secretions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back