lydia

Country
US
State
ny
City
buffalo
Hello,

I was using the feature that allows you to search for all posts by a particular member and it seems to only come back with the last 50 posts by that member. Is that a result of something I am doing, or is that the limit, or is there someway to get older posts ? It is such a great feature for getting the big picture/history/story on members. It is hard for me to keep everyone straight and sometimes reviewing a collection of someone's posts is a great way for me to remember their story. And on a selfish note, I know every time I find out something new about myself I feel compelled to troll through all the postings searching for something similar; things that might not have stood out for me the first three times reading!

Lydia

PS: I use a lot of websites in my job and continue to be impressed by the structure and usability of this site. It really is wonderful.

I need help - new here

When I try to click on the Members List - it tells me something like I can can not have access to that or something like that - why not - I became a member of this group yesterday and I am still trying to figure out how to post - I did post twice - I think but not sure how I did it - and sometimes I see something can be spellchecked and other times I must sign up for spell check - help
Linda:lol:

Linda,

You need to have a certain number of posts before you can have total access to everything.
It's a saftey feature because of unwanted people trying to sell stuff and other things.

Hang in there you will soon be able to do everything.

I believe only the last 50 posts by a person can be shown. I'll check to see if that is all we can allow.

AL.

Hey AL- I figured out you can raise a member's older posts but you need to know what they said so you can do it through the search feature. It took me awhile to resurrect your old post on lawn mowing, for example- and I had to use very specific search words.

Crystal - thank you - good way to keep this site what it should be - Linda:-D

So I just keep posting till I get permission to really be a member of this site?

And - I ask a question about how many times I need to post and never saw it - but then I think this site is hard to find things on - but I am not to good with computers anyway - sorry

I will hang in for a little longer and see is I can access other things on this site - I understand - kinda - this site does need to be a safe site for CALS and PALS -

If we told everyone how many posts it takes, the spammers would post junk until they had enough and then start dumping links. So the number is between 1 and fifty. We change it once in a while to stay ahead of the game.

AL.

Ok - I see -thank you - and thanks for keeping this site safe -

Tandamay

Hang in there and keep trying. Just keep clicking on things of interest and you'll find very interesting and helpful things to read. I am still learning all about how to use this sight and still don't understand half of it, but I treasure being able to communicate and draw strength from its members. I am not exactly computer savy either, but I get further with it every time I take the time to try. Pretty soon you'll be a full-fledged member!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back