Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
NH
City
New London
I apologize if this has been asked before, but is there a way to either eliminate the DIHALS threads from the search function, or add the choice of forums to the advanced search? It is frustrating to have to wade through those posts while trying to find useful information from actual pALS or CALS. thanks for your help and consideration.

Go to advanced search then select threads from the blue area at the top. If you pick a key word and don’t check off thread title you will get whatever you are looking for if the word is used in a post. It won’t be limited to thread title. It is sn extra step from before but should get you what you want

aha! Thank you! I didn't realize DIHALS didn't count as a thread. Makes sense now.

You can pick whatever subforums you want from the dropdown dihals is on the list but you can pick and choose where you want. You could also search for posts by someone in particular

I'm sorry, I was wrong, it doesn't have the desired result even if I search threads. Still dominated by DIHALS

for instance, I wanted to see what had previously been discussed about cold feet. This could be in any number of subforums, and I'd like to search most but not all. Do I have to either do one subforum at a time or search them all?

I don’t think it is working correctly. Although you can pick multiple subforums it appears to ignore that and search all. I choose general discussion and new diagnosis but my first hit was this thread. Sorry. Will report this

Try advanced search- cold feet - search titles.

I just tried it and found almost all threads were not DIHALS.

But it does not exclude them. When I did it I thought it worked but dihals showed up. They just were not recent enough for the first page

No I am wrong. The trick is to uncheck all forums in the drop down then select your subforums. I just did twitch for general and new and no dihsls!

can I select multiple subforums? Searching titles is limiting IMO

Yes. Go to titles but don’t check off the search title box when you get there. Put in your key words. Then go to the drop down. Uncheck all forums at the top of the list and then pick the ones you want by checking. That seemed to work when I tried it and I got posts where the keywords were only in a post not just titles

thank you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back