Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
From MGH
Dear Healey Center for ALS Community,

We are saddened to share the news that our treasured partner, patient and friend, Sean M. Healey, passed away peacefully on May 26, surrounded by his loving family.

It was our privilege to provide Sean's clinical care during the two years he lived with ALS. But Sean became our hero. Within days of his diagnosis in May 2018, Sean turned his amazing entrepreneurial energy, business acumen and philanthropic focus to inspire the Sean M. Healey & AMG Center for ALS at Mass General.Together with the generous support of the company he led as Chairman and CEO, Affiliated Managers Group, Inc. (AMG) and his many friends, the Healey Center launched just six months later, in November 2018.

Sean's efforts to advocate for individuals with ALS and to support efforts to accelerate the search for cures was the result of his determination to make a difference, not for himself, but for others. He never saw this as just a battle against his own illness, but rather a fight to overcome all of ALS. Because of Sean, we are starting the first platform trial initiative in ALS, an approach that will accelerate finding effective treatments. We are supporting new areas of research and attracting new investigators to the cause. His willingness to reach out is making these game-changing clinical trials possible, broadening access for people with ALS to treatments, helping to raise philanthropic support for ALS research, and fueling exciting new approaches and scientific investigations.

Sean's spirit will always remain an integral part of our work at the Healey Center. We are determined to realize his vision of cures for ALS.

Thank you all for being part of our Healey Center family.

Merit

I will be with you in spirit and beside you when, as I know that you will, you finally find the cure.
- Sean M. Healey

Last edited:
God bless him for his contribution. May he fly free.

I'm posting this on FB because I have a friend who knew Sean and went to college with one of his business associates.

This was posted on an ALS Facebook group. One could only aspire to make as much impact in such a short period of time for the ALS community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back