Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
US
State
SC
City
Hilton Head Island
Not sure how well known this is, but if you shop here, a minor change to your Amazon bookmark can get them to donate to the ALS Association. Just insert "smile dot" before amazon dot com. If all on this forum did this, bet we could get this amount quite a bit higher :unsure:.

amazon.png

Ken

You can also donate to other ALS organizations this way. Not all of us are totally comfortable with ALSA. NEALS is always an option on smile and my usual choice. Currently the money donated to Mass general from this is going the AlS clinic / research. When it ends I will return to NEALs. Other ALS choices I know of are Les Turner and TDI

You can also donate to other ALS organizations this way.

Nikki,

Good follow-up; wonder if there is a way to get this topic (e.g., "How to Seamlessly Donate to ALS Research") in front of visitors, new members, and/or newly diagnosed? Members can then select the ALS organization they prefer. The overall objective is more money for ALS research.

Other forums have permanent threads called "Stickys" (example below), which appear atop of the main category threads, and are permanent threads, updated only by the mods. This forum does not seem to have that option.

Ken

sticky.PNG

There are stuck threads here. Many got moved to resources in the new format but they are called important posts and are at the top of subforums. Frankly if your focus is donatingto research specifically you can do better than alsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back