Diagnosis
05/2019
Country
US
State
MA
This is my favorite motto so far:
Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Here's one of my many favorites:

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” (Jn 11:25-26)

In the Book of Acts there is a verse that describes the early church.

All of the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.

John 11:35 - Jesus Wept

My granddad converted to Islam 2 years before my mother was born, but my granny was always Christian. We had elaborate holiday meals and always had Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas feasts with no pork. My granddad would bless the table speaking Arabic, I would translate it into English, and each person would say an individual blessing. My granny would always go last, and after all the huge meal prep and detailed prayers, she would simply end with, "Jesus Wept". Years later, I actually researched why Jesus wept. It was so fitting for my Granny to say it, and it was one Bible verse I actually remember, researched, and it made me want to learn more. I find comfort in praying & counting my blessings now, no matter how small, and thanking the Higher Power for waking me each morning to accomplish more.

Thank you for sharing those lovely thoughts. One I like is:
Psalm 4:8 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
8: I will both lie down and sleep in peace;
for you alone, O Lord, make me lie down in safety.

I find this especially reassuring when there is a storm.

MsKFL: What a lovely family to accept each other's faith and enjoy the differences. Three of my cousin brothers each have a different faith. Ours is different from theirs and, and within my family of origin. We all love each other and get along fine. I miss them.
Keep sharing. May blessings abound. B.
323.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back