Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon everyone, it is beautiful here today...almost 65 degrees out and the sun is shining so I took my beagles for a long walk.

It was a tough morning because I talked to my mom this morning after a few days and the conversation quickly turned difficult again. She said she does not want to take her blood pressure or thyroid medicine anymore because it is pointless. Then she started to talk about not being left in a "bad" hospice and please make sure that she goes to a nice hospice.

We got into an argument about her driving although i tried to explain to her that I am interested in her safety and others and not trying to take her independence away.

I go back and forth every moment of the day about whether moving her here is the right thing to do. I never asked to come here; from the moment of diagnosis she said she wanted to be here and I never said anything to the contrary because I don't want her to think I don't want her here but it is just me, my boyfriend and two dogs here in HOuston and she has friends, family and a whole network of almost 35 years in one city.

I am going to call my Doctor this week about some medicine to help me sleep and some medicine anxiety meds; I just don't want to begin to rely on medicine to help me through this but I think you are right...I caan already feel the burning out and this has all just begun.

I look forward to coming here to this forum everyday as my stress relief and I cna tell you that just in the week I have been coming here; my emotional state has become more positive....I was in such a bad horrible scary place and without these forums I think I would still be laying in a ball in front of the TV.

God Bless.

thats what we are here for to help each other any way we can .. seems like her fears are setting in but , she needs to take her meds both are important thyroid will affect mucles and blood pressure will cause a stroke and put her in a nursing home faster let her know this maybe she will take them .. she also needs time but needs to see the good and bad sides of things before she makes her decision

Thank you...I did speak to my mom about her medications but i am not sure I am completely convinced that her answers are completely truthful....I am trying to believe that she is telling me the truth that she is taking her meds but I have no way of really knowing right now...it seems to come and go with the depression. The doctor increased her dose of anti-depressants so perhaps as she stabilizes with that medication she will think a bit clearer about her BP and Thyroid meds. The limbo situation of her still being on her own yet losing some of her independence while living alone until we can move her has created an interesting dynamic for sure. Thank you for everyone's continued support of responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back