Country
US
State
MD
City
Suburbs
Scientists overcome hurdles to stem cell alternatives

Scientists overcome hurdles to stem cell alternatives

Scientists reported Thursday they had developed a technique that can quickly create safe alternatives to human embryonic stem cells, a major advance toward developing a less controversial approach for treating for a host of medical problems.

The researchers published a series of experiments showing they can use laboratory-made versions of naturally occurring biological signals to quickly convert ordinary skin cells into cells that appear virtually identical to embryonic stem cells. Moreover, the same strategy can then coax those cells to morph into specific tissues that would be a perfect match for transplantation into patients.

Read more

Dear Roadkill,
thank you for forwarding the article.it gives us hope, I wish
the researchers could move faster,a lot of us are running out of time.
Pat

Pat,

I agree. I wish someone would hurry up and find a cure and win the Nobel Prize for medicine! And may they make millions in the process. SOON.

A tangential thought ...

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."

-- John Lennon

Last edited:
To Roadkill...

Somewhere in this Forum have found that Trials for stemcell treatments are beining initiated bt a Dr Glass at Emory... for 6 ALS patients.

The doctor is somewhat confident that the treatments can halt or slow down the progression of the disease but stresses that it is not a cure.

There are four youtube videos concerning this/his presentation.

Aside from this - was wondering about how you are doing personally because some of your recent posts about your situation were upsetting. I hope you find/get all the care that you need.

Want you to know that its a chief concern of mine as well because my financial resources are limited. It seems that there are many charitable agencies that donate to ALS endeavors but none of the monies ever seem to reach the victims of ALS in the form of financial aid for personal care.

Good Luck

hello isn't that great news may be not for us but at least for the next generation of als pts . it would be wonderful if they had a cure for such a horrible diease we can all continue to pray for this their is strenght in numbers

Roadkill - great information! Thank You for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back