Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
MA
City
western
There are scholarships out there for children or family members of PALS and deceased PALS.
I'm just recommending that if you apply and send in all the necessary paperwork, you should also follow up regarding their decisions or appropriations. The various organizations have staff turnover and I believe it isn't uncommon for the scholarship materials to get over looked, buried on someone's desk, or no one actively in the office knows!
You really have to call and inquire. The scholarships are there and just because you didn't hear anything back doesn't mean you aren't getting the scholarship. Even after you receive the award letter, check with the Bursars office to make sure it was paid and if it wasn't follow up.
I know, one more thing but its worth the effort.

Great idea 10steps... I just found out yesterday that an organization here in Mass. still has scholarship funds that my daughter needs to apply for.

Thanks for posting!

I don't know but i imagine the necessary follow up applies across the board. finding the scholarships isn't simple in fact I only found out about them through an ALS social worker. Even when you go to web sites ya have to search around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back