Megs2612

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Good Afternoon,

I have been twitching in my calves for about a little over a month, once or twice i felt i may have slurred my speech, but noone confirmed that to me. Just recently im twitching all over my body, my face shoulders and hands. My hands are crampier then ever. However I am able to complete normal activities. I have the twitching all day and alot at night mostly in my calves and legs with some burning, tingling and pricking. ( as well as my arms)

I went to my GP, who then referred me to neuro,
I had a nuero exam, she said it was norm and ok, she gave me a list of tests, blood work, neck MRI, and EMG, the EMG is more then a month away. I honestly have been stressing so bad about this because of the wait time to get an answer. The MRI is this week, but I cant get clear thoughts.

Any insight or advice is appreciated. I would like to thank you for taking your time to read this, what an inspiration to read so many of the posts in this forum, and the compassion people have to help others, thanks in advance.

I think that your doctors have tried hard to reassure you, but you can't seem to quite take it in. A normal neurology exam is the big key here.
Try reading here really slowly and carefully to understand why your symptoms are not alarming.

Maybe it will help you to think about how much stress you are causing yourself for no good reason.
I hope you can take a breath, and think about how you can look at putting your time now into things like: good hydration, gentle exercise, meditation, healthy eating habits, mindfulness and even start volunteering somewhere. You might be very surprised at how much difference these things can make on a daily basis.

All the very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back