00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
oak lawn
Hi everyone,
First thank you for taking the time to read this....
Over the past month I have been petrified that I have been exhibiting ALS symptoms.. I have a scheduled appointment with a neurologist on June 16th...I have seen my GP twice. He's done various strength tests (squeeze of hands/push pull etc) and told me he does not feel I should see a neurologist yet. However, these are the symptoms that I have been exhibiting and would love some feedback. (since the end of April)
1)Numbness in the feet(toes)/hands when I wake up nearly every morning. It goes away once I begin to move around.
2) My smell seemed off on a few things (coffee/cologne) for a few weeks. but seems to have corrected itself. Other things have smelled no different than before.
2) A twitch/fluttering sensation in various parts of my body throughout the day. (feet/calves/arms/back etc) ...I take anxiety meds at night and am able to sleep through the night, not noticing any fluttering or twitching.
3) During a workout with my trainer. I am able to complete all tasks. However, the 20lb dumbell will feel heavier/strained on bicep when curled with my right arm, and my right leg is slightly less stable than my left toward the end of the workout. I am still able to walk on my heels and my toes.
4) My right hand also feels weaker. I am still able to button my shirt, and complete tasks.. but it just feels slightly off.. my grip etc feels not as strong as my left hand.

I am petrified that my condition will get worse and worse. Does this sound worrisome to those who know more about the topic than I do? Am I being paranoid and overreacting, or does it sound like I legitimately have something to worry about? Any feedback is much appreciated.
Thanks

gosh, nothing to do with ALS

please read here and come back after you have a diagnosis

I read that post and am very grateful for it being written....I'm very scared and am sorry to have bothered... I keep reading things online. And become more and more paranoid .. for example I just read an article about how twitching along with the enlargement of visible veins is a sign of als... The veins on my hands and feet have become quite large over the last month... So my mind tends to race easily... I apologize

Dr. Google and the Internet...

Thousands of Americans have falsely convinced themselves they have a
serious disease, after turning to 'Dr Google' – according to new research.

Instead of alleviating concerns, 74 percent of those who have self-diagnosed
online searching for their symptoms made them worry MORE about their health.

That is due to the answers given by Dr Google, of internet medical advice,
was found by researchers to be misleading without proper evaluation by a
a qualified physician.

Sixty-five percent of respondents who used the internet to self-diagnose
themselves the results show typing your symptoms into the search bar might
do more harm than good

If you can't control your fear and anxiety on this, return to your doctor or join a forum for anxiety as that is where it will be appropriate to receive help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back