Not open for further replies.

RJE

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi! Thank you for being here. I have read another post on this forum about a 51 year old who had both quads feel “jello like” with twitching and jerking while at rest and he was diagnosed with ALS. THIS SCARED ME TO DEATH!
I read the “Read before you post”section and felt comforted to know that I am not a candidate for ALS bc I have twitching in both calves, some fingers on both hands, and spontaneous twitching in other areas. I recently developed jello like sensations in both quads and calves that worsen when I walk fast. I have no clinical weakness as described in the sections you tell us to read
I have had the twitching and quad/calve issues on and off for about three months and I am 62 years old. After reading about the man who was diagnosed with ALS without clinical weakness(failing to do a task) I am now scared to death!
I do suffer from anxiety but it seems like I now need to open the ALS Pandora box of testing. Looking for some reassurance regarding symptoms. I am able to power walk two miles a day even with the “jello leg” sensation. I do Pilates as well. The twitching comes and goes. I also have a bit of pins and needles in feet and hands as well. But this comes and goes too.
thank you!

If you read the pinned post thoroughly you should have known you are only allowed to post in CIBALS. I moved your thread.

I don’t know to whom you refer but I doubt they were power walking and doing pilates. As you know pins and needles point away from ALS. You need to go to your doctor and have them examine and direct you

Most likely you have a sensory nerve issue if anything. Your doctor can test glucose and other values that could suggest a need for treating a systemic illness such as diabetes, if applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back