00/0000
Country
CA
State
QC
City
Quebec
Hi.

i have been worried sick in the last week. I have been having a lot of twitches mostly in thumb and middle finger in right hand. I even wake up from the twitches. I have been feeling some weakness in my right leg for a month now and I never thought of als I just think about it now cuz of the twitches, I have been having painful cramping on arch of right foot and calf since a week (I have been doing a lot of self check strength with feet maybe It’s because of that) , although when I went to doctor the physical strength test in legs were normal. While doing the neuro exam I did see my left leg lift more up than the right but he hasn’t said anything. But I’m still scared it was hyper flexion I just didn’t ask. I have been having a left shoulder tendinitis since July. Could it all be linked to beginning of als? I am really scared.

Never thought of ALS? You first posted here in 2017! Shoulder tendinitis is not a sign of ALS onset. Your doctor tested your strength and it was normal. As you know twitches are not worrisome without weakness which you do not have.

you need to figure out why your mind keeps returning to ALS

I know but I have seen people saying it started with shoulder weakness which I do have. But I can still lift my arm

Your past threads here pretty comprehensively explain why ALS is not in the picture. As Nikki asks you to do, please figure out why your mind unreasonably goes to ALS when you do not report anything that indicates it. There may be something you can do about your symptoms to provide relief but you are ignoring that help in order to keep pursuing ALS.

Rita,

It's best you move on and seek counselling for your unhealthy fixation on trying to get an ALS diagnosis. Life is too short; you should really be grateful that you have no terminal illness, yet you are not.

Take care and best of luck to you. Hopefully after nearly four years of posting here, you'll finally let it go.

Stay safe

Hi! Sorry for annoying you guys... but it scares me cuz I have seen some people on this forums say that it took them months even almost years before being diagnosed after having first symptoms. I’m scared that my shoulder weakness I have from 7 months ago is the start. Or weird feeling of heavy leg in right leg I have since a month. I checked my tongue yesterday and there’s atrophy in the back plus with the body twitches and mostly on fingers this is freaking me out 😥😥

Attachments

• A68C6612-7771-4E16-87AA-7DE44CEDBF40.jpeg
    A68C6612-7771-4E16-87AA-7DE44CEDBF40.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 132
Atrophy can only be formally diagnosed by a medical practitioner. Please see your family doctor for any further discussion of your symptoms. You've been on this forum for over 3.5 years- you would be severely compromised if you had ALS. The folk here can not reassure you, it's clear, and it's not a good use of their limited time and energy to continue to try to do so. It's not clear what is wrong with you, only that ALS is not the issue.

Closing this thread. Do not open another no matter how tempted you may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back