Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
Hi everyone. I am afraid to post but knowing you all have a wealth of information i figured it would be good to post. I have had weak leg feelings for a while now. Im 39 year old mom of 4 kids. I actually remember feeling this the first time 4 years ago but it would come and go. I know have the feeling most of the time- about 80-90 percent of my day. I also can not run as fast without feeling like i will fall. Im very confused because i can still do all the strength exercise without difficutly. For example, i can do lunges, squats, toe lifts all with weights. I can walk on my toes, heels, etc. Its just when i walk and run feels weak. I also started getting muscle twitches in my legs, and actually all through my body- but mainly my legs. Not sure if this is caused by the anxiety i am having related to this or not. I went to a neuroligist who said i clinicallly looked strong but did oder an EMG for both my legs. However my test is a month out and the waiting is very hard and anxiety is getting worse. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

The neuro only ordered the EMG because you are so worried. Will you believe it?
This post is really important to read carefully, often reading it twice is helpful as there is so much information in it.
It totally answers your concerns.
Let us know the EMG results.

In the meantime, concentrate on your children and their needs, as you only have 4 weeks or so til you are cleared.

Thank you for your reply. You are right, i need to focus on my kids. Waiting is hard. And i will believe and trust the emg results and neuro opinion(Im hopeful it will be a good result.) I do sometimes have a leg buckle- maybe every other day or so, but i have never fallen. Would this be more concern as ALS- is that considered muscle failure? sorry if i am being repetitive. Appreciate all the comments!

Please read that post I referred you to.
Leg buckling could be so many things, if you are concerned see your regular doctor in the meantime as only a doctor can determine if there is any clinical weakness. Never feel you can't see your doctor because you are waiting on the neuro appointment.
All the best.

Hi! I had my EMG and he I didn’t get full results but he said nothing to worry about and it looked good!! So I assume I don’t need to worry about als now. What a relief. Thank you all!

Wonderful news! Celebrate! And follow up with your doctor so you can get back to feeling your best self- though with this news you are probably feeling somewhat better already. Have a long and happy life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back