Scared, Sad and Overwhelmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Lisa, you poor petal. I am new to this too. My beautiful partner was just diagnosed in January. I have never known pain like it. But I am already drawing strength and support from this wonderful community, like it seems you are too. And today, for the first time since the horrible realisation of the monster among us via Google last Christmas (Jesus H Christ, that first realization was beyond horrific), I found a bit of fight from within too, despite the persistent agony, which really surprised me. I think it is possible to hold conflicting feelings of weakness and strength, hope and hopelessness, simultaneously. But it takes time and you have to sort of permit yourself to do that. I don't know. It's still all so new and raw and so many awful things. I am no expert. Not like so many of the amazing people here. And I will probably hit the floor again tomorrow morning. But I hope to stand up again and keep standing up again every damn time.

Overall I just want to say that I am so sorry for your news. You are not alone in your pain. Sending you and your family love, strength and support.

Thanks also to all who posted on this thread. I have taken further strength and support from it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back