Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Elmhurst
It feels like my leg is wobbly when I stand, I have pain from the middle of my calf to my feet. I can dorseflex but it hurts, I now have 2 indentations when I flex, one where my gastro meets my soleus in my calf and one in between my ankle and soleus (bottom of calf). The indentations go away when my leg is relaxed or flexed in the other direction. I don't know if it's perceived weakness or actual weakness but it hurts to stand. The bottom of my feet also hurt. Could this be als? I'm terrified and cannot afford a neuro atm...

Thanks

You went down this path 20 days ago.
Go:
1) read that string, and
2) read the stickies like you were told then.

Doesn't sound one bit like ALS. Indentations are not the issue, weakness and atrophy is. The sensory nervous system is not involved so pain is not an issue except from the muscle spasms that exist in the more advanced case of the disease. This doesn't sound like ALS. Good luck

I know but then the indentations came about and I can't stop wondering if it is something?

The first sentence of your first Thread (2/21/13) just might be the clue to your symptoms as you wrote, (I'm new here to the forums, I have known about ALS since I learned about my guitar hero Jason Becker. I have I would say in the past year or so been obsessed with being afraid of getting it, every little twitch, and I get anxious.")

PS That would make 2 years you have been obsessed with you having the fate of your guitar hero.

RAGGEDYWRITER:

You don't have ALS. I have dents just as you described and I'm totally healthy. Some people just become that way. If you're still concerned, ask your GP or PCP.

If you really think you have a terminal disease, you would find a way to afford a neurology consult. But frankly, you don't need one. You don't have ALS.

I can reassure you that if you go away you will not be told off by us.

HOW RUDE YOU ARE! 2 YEARS you have been coming here and saying the same crap. Most of the people who first answered you are now dead mate, you get that - they HAD ALS.

We are not a charity to come to when you can't afford a doctor.

Please join an anxiety forum as you DO NOT HAVE ALS and we can't even give it to you as it is not contagious.

huff

Sounds like ALS to me.....

Annoyingly Longing for Symptoms

I am seriously so sorry if I offended any of you. That was never my intention, your post was so deep and real that I never thought about that. I hope you can accept my sincerest apologies, you're absolutely right and I won't come here anymore to bother about leg pain when you are all going through so much worse. How insensitive and inconsiderate of me. I'm so sorry.

I am seriously so sorry if I offended any of you.

No you are not. Don't play the wounded deer game here. You are, among many things, a narcissist and your little wings have been drawn to our little lightbulb; where better to bask in the light of our attention.

When Tillie has had enough, you can bet bottom dollar that the rest of us where there a long time back as she is the most patient and gentle of humans.

But above all stop with the "I'm sorry" crap. That irritates everyone because if you said it aloud it would be in a voice of a toddler saying "ohhhh Mommy, what did I ever do?"

Spending two years longing for a fatal illness is a definite sign of illness. See your PCP for a psychiatric referral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back