Reason
Other
Country
US
State
tn
City
elizabethton
Im 27 years old. I've been having trouble breathing. I feellike there's someone on my chest like I am being smoothered. I easily run out of breath.....I've been quit smoking for a month now in hopes this would all go away. I am always trying to catch my breath. Im really freaked now.

Before all this I am a 24/7 twitcher going on 4 years now. I wonder if the twitching all these years has progressed to my breathing muscles. I wake up occasionlly at night because I feellike I can't breath.

Is there something that respiratory onset people can't do that mybe I can?

I have been to doc about this and had ekg and holter monitor which turned out good.

Any input is much appreciated!

What does your doctor have to say about this recent development? You do know that impaired breathing is a medical emergency and that you should be seen by a physician ASAP, don't you?

He is referringme to a gastroenterologist. He thinks its reflux related..

He's probably right. Good luck to you!

He is referringme to a gastroenterologist. He thinks its reflux related..

Then you can stop worrying about respiratory onset ALS. Not sure why you would start worrying about ALS in the first place. If your twitching had been caused by ALS four years ago, you would likely be dead by now, according to all of the studies. At the absolute best, you would be severely crippled, but you aren't, so your twitching isn't caused by ALS. So, put ALS out of your mind and worry about much more likely things.

Good luck.

Thanks. So my breathing troubles aren't typical of ALS? I like reassurance sorry. I feel like I am always being smothered and dr thinks anxiety or reflux. I can't seem to think that.

My breathing feel really tired and my breathing is shallow. Sometimes I can tell that I hold my breath for a while.

If you were having any kind of respiratory problems, your primary care doctor would have sent you to a pulmonologist, not a gastroenterologist.

Quit playing this childish game and grow up. You don't have ALS and you probably won't ever get it. If you need attention so badly that you'll troll a bulletin board pretending you have symptoms of a terminal disease, your real problem is in your mind and not your chest.

Follow the advice of your Dr. He believes it is anxiety and reflux then why do you suspect otherwise? You do not have ALS good luck!

Sorry if you think im being childish. I am not making it up though. He referred me to gastroenterologist because the chest sensations posibly could be reflux related. Its been several weeks now and I feel worse while waiting for the referral. I can't help but to worry about it being ALS. I see my neuro again on friday and I am just really on edge. It sucks feeling like you can't breath and noone being able to do anything about it. I just wasn't sure how respiratory onset presents itself. I would google but I've regret it in the past. Once again im sorry.

Breathing problems felt like smothering feeling when laying flat. Lying on side made it feel normal. Carrying laundry basket out front walking upstairs made me out of breath. Sometimes had to rest part way up.

AL.

Yep that's about how I feel. The smothering is constant. I feel best when laying on stomach. I wonder can you actually feel muscle weakness or is it something u don't feel. I feel like my breathing muscless are weakening and tired. Sorry for bothering everyone I know you have real issues and im hoping mine aarent and thanks you all for listening to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back