Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
NY
City
Gillingham
Hello.. wanted to say how amazing the help you give people om here. So selfless.

So im 38 nearly 7 months ago I started twiching. Not just a few but thousands all day everyday, my left feels heavy and also I have lost muscle build all over. I will say I have suffered with chronic stress and GAD. general anxiety disorder.

So far I've seen 6 doctors, a top als physio. He couldnt find any evidence. I finally decided I needed to see someone who really knew about ALS..
So I went to see someone called Dr nikil sharma in queens square london he done a full clinical exam and didn't even mention doing a EMG. can a man truly tell from just a clinical exam. I remember sitting with my family after the exam. Saying its going to be bad.

He looked at me out of the corner of his eye, and said your fine.

I am really really struggling with this. And honestly I never wanted to post. Just the fear is so real. Panic attacks all day everyday.

But honestly I appreciate the time anyone takes to read this. Thank you kindly

please get help for your diagnosed GAD. 6 ( or is it 7?) doctors have said no ALS Dr Sharma is extremely qualified and if he found nothing on exam it is appropriate not to order an emg. Frankly I think a lot of doctors order them just to get patients out of their office or in a misguided effort to reassure.

to diagnose ALS you need exam findings which you did not have. You need help to accept the opinions of all these doctors and I can virtually guarantee an emg wouldn’t do it. We see it all the time here- people have an emg and then decide it was too soon, done wrong etc etc.

Hello-

It's not clear if you've read here: Read Before Posting
It contains a lot of information- most importantly that twitching with no accompanying neurological symptoms means no ALS.

If a neurologist who specializes in MND and complex neurological disorders can't detect anything, it means you're cleared. Unfortunately, it seems that this did not reassure you and you are looking for strangers on the internet to reassure you as well. It's really important you get help specifically for health anxiety or you'll keep focusing on your body and need to scratch that reassurance itch in ways that will only increase your anxiety. If you are not ready to seek in person help for this, there's a great forum called No More Panic that provides excellent support and has a section specifically for those who fear ALS.

Please take care of yourself, and I hope you are able to leave your fear of ALS behind.

Nikki thank you for your reply. Must admit, he does alot of fundraising for MND. My problem is genuinely in my head I still second guess. He even told me to stay off forums and yet here I am. He could of ordered an EMG and as it was private would of been a nice earner.. but my rational side says, he actually really cares about this illness rather then being in it for money.

Shift your 100% correct.. thank you for the advice I will do that. The mind is so powerful and drags you into so much trouble. I never even heard of this illness before now. But now it makes me want to put my money to good use and supporting a course that gets overlooked

I'm so sorry for your fears, yet hours later you are still logged on here.
Please don't ask the terminally ill, some of whom are fully paralysed and breathing by machine, to hold your hand when you have zero chance of having ALS.

Of course you can be told that without an EMG.

Posting here again will not be appropriate, NoMorePanic is the appropriate place to tell your story and fears in full.
I truly wish you the best, despite how you terribly you are feeling, you have a completely curable condition, please address it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back