Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
City
Newport News
Hi my name is will , i am writing because I have worries about my health and it is affecting my life as well as my wifes. I am 24 yr male and ive hand symptoms of weakness in my left leg and i feel tightness in my right.

I have twitching all over mainly in legs and both arms i have tightness in both hands and arms and it is a little bit of a strain to type. I fist notice the twitching in july and the other symptoms after. I can still walk on my heels and stand on my toes. Hands and body just doesn feel right

I appreciate you for listening and as well as others im just scared and nervous my wife is pregnant now and i just want to be there for my family

Will, have you seen a doctor? The doctor can assess whether you have clinical weakness on exam, which would be more of a concern than “feeling weak”. That you can still do everything means your muscles still functional normally. Normal muscle function means no ALS.

Ignore the twitching. Twitches are meaningless.

Thank you so much for you reply

I went to the ER on the 19th and the doctor did the normal strength test. I expressed my weakness to her, she game me a referral to neurology in September. Im just so scared its like my symptoms have gotten worse since then tightness in my calfs and in my forearm. When i lay in the bed and lift my Left leg it shakes and i have to drop it because i can't hold it long. Im just scared honestly i want to be there for my wife and kids

I need help please is this ALS

Hi my name is will please help me my mind is racing and im truly scared. In july i started having twitching body wide randomly followed by weakness in my leg a week later

A few weeks later in late july early August my hands feel tight its hard for me to text or do random things i still can run jump and stand on my toes and heals my body just feel strange with all these sudden symptoms. Can someone please help me with this fear i have

Re: I need help please is this ALS

If you have concerns about lost movement, see a primary care physician in advance of your neuro appointment.

We can't diagnose you from afar, except to say that you may well need to address anxiety and even if there is a separate reason for the weakness you perceive, it's not ALS. Which is a wonderful thing.

Just an update on Symptoms

Symptoms are getting worse my hands feel tight as well as my forearms are tight I've developed a tremor in my left hand and it scares me my leg just feels uncordinated my left hand tremors when I slowly close it
I recently saw my doc on the ship but didn't know what to say but follow up with neurology I'm just nervous and scared does this sound like ALS

No it sounds nothing like ALS :)

Sounds absolutely nothing like ALS. At all. Please let go of this unfounded fear of a terminal disease and focus on hydration, rest and nutrition. Stretching will help to release your perceived tightness in all your limbs.

Take good care.

It has been happening constantly over 2 months first the twitches in my legs then widespread then the problem lifting my left leg then the ache and tightness in my hands. My left hand closes with like a ridget motion plus my whole left arm shakes

Their is tightness in my right forearm and aches in my right hand my leg feels off and my hands feel slower when I do things I constantly have to rotate my wrist because they are tight

I know I sound crazy and I appreciate your inputs

Again, our input is that ALS need not be on your radar. What you describe can be anything from the remains of a virus to nothing at all, and I'm sure the neurology appointment will help reassure you.

But anxiety makes everything worse. Try to act as if nothing is wrong--the mind plays tricks from the smallest twitches-- and see how far that takes you. Focus on stretching, eating, drinking and sleeping well, and planning for the new arrival -- congratulations!

Best,
Laurie

Thank you so much Laurie

Quick question about my leg though when I am in the bed and I'm on my side I try to move forward and backwards it feels so slow and shaky when I lift up like it's in sand

The folks here only know ALS and as you do not have it, it's best you bring up further questions with your PCP.

Good luck to you.

Worried

Does ALS show in both hands and forearms?

Re: Worried

Can you clarify your question? I'm not sure what you're asking. ALS affects the skeletal muscles, and that does include hands and forearms. But again, not really sure what you're asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back