Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
il
City
na
I just recently signed up on the forums here and i have a few questions concering als symptoms. im 29 year old male and just up until recently i started experiencing muscle twitcing all over. generally i would get them in my eyelid and i wouldnt really pay attention to them until one day i noticed my finger twitched and i got a little freaked out. in the span of a month i been riding my bike quite a bit and i started to notice when i stoped exersicing my muscles would twitch like mad. my feet and calfs would twitcing and feel like i had worms in them. it freaked me out to no end and i started looking online at possible symptoms and als poped up on a few pages and scared me alot. so after 2 weeks i decided to take advice from a friend and get some calsium and mag tablets and started taking them. my symptoms in the past month have now went from having one finger or eyelid twitch to now full out twiting all over such as my eyes my back my sholders my stomache my leg my feet everywhere but not my tounge as i guess some people get. im making a doctors apointment next week since the twitcing hasnt went away and im scared to death im dying of this horrible diease. some people think its strees related seeing my dad has recently been told he has 6 months to live due to alcoholism. But a little reasuance on what it could be would help. i just wish all this twitcing would stop. it only seems to happen when im relaxed not when im moving and doing things. and i still do ride my bike but get a occational foot cramp on my left foot which seems to go away throuhout the day or when i start to move. thanks for listening to my story. i been acually losing sleep and not eating well because im so scared of it being somthing bad seeing i was only up until recently fixing things in my life. and now i get this.:cry:

yeah thank you for the reassurance hopfully they can figure out what is causing it. i cannot stand the fact that i twitch all the time. it deffently robs me of sleep alot of the times. so is bfs somthing that goes away on its own ? how long do bfs people twitch for? sorry i dont mean to plauge u with questions but i just wish i didnt have all this twitching.

Hi tstambau. BTW you have an interesting screen name there! Anyway I wanted to tell you to ask a Doctor for Quinine tablets. You could drink quinine water but you'd have to drink it by the gallon for it to do any good. But the tablets may reduce your twitching enough to help you sleep. If that doesn't work, make sure the doc knows the twitches are interfering with your sleep. A good sleep lab should be able to help document your complaints.

Not getting enough sleep will make your symptoms worse, so stick to your guns! Cindy

you should be ok....

Its sounds like BFS. Twitching in the absence of atrophy or weakness is benign.

Rgds,

Jamie

thanks for the answers deffently you were all a great help and makes me feel a bit better but yeah i;ll ask about those tablets. its just i found it all kinda strange that one day i just have these all out twitches eveywhere where i never had them all over my body like that before. hopully i can stop worrying so much and maybe they will soon fade. i looked up bfs on the internet and some people say they have them for years or months or days .. i dont think i would like having this for years. and then some peple say its caused from stress well the stress is worrying about this. but since all the twitching i have taken better care of myself were as before i didnt seem to really care. but yeah i never knew what als or bfs was only until recently.

Hi there. Twitches usually don't break out all at once all over in ALS. I'd bet it's BFS or stress related.
AL.

tstambau,

Just for your information you can buy the Quinine tablets over the counter at most drug stores. I have used them and they did help me some with the spasms of the muscles.

God Bless
Capt AL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back