Status
Not open for further replies.
You already sound better; it sounds like you're ready to fight. I'm sure your docs will get to the bottom of your problems . . . BUT . . . you have to believe what they tell you. I'm sure the therapists will help you with that and we are surely here to help you, too. Keep channeling that fear into something positive and you will be well on your way. Take care.

yOU are in a hysterical state nothing we tell you will convince you that you do not have ALS ,Reading your threads it is very obious you need to be in therepy.You dont want you family to get annoyed after a while with your abcessing. We are not equiped to help you. So plase get help. And get off the forum You are scaing yourself to death, May God Bless you
Pat

Darla and Jattd

Hey Darla & Tracy,

You can see what's up with me in the thread I started, but I too am in limboland and have two young children ages 9 and 11. We all just need to take care of ourselves and our families and hope for the best.

Best of luck to both of you.:-D

Lori

I agree with Lori. Live, Love and Laugh Often. A lot of us are in Limbo Land. I am not going to let it drive me. Try not to worry so much, I know it is hard not to do.

I am not afraid to die. It is the suffering that I cannot bare to see anymore!

Lorie

Is the twitching normal do you beleive really its nothing how do you make yourself. I have so many weird symptoms i can not ignore them i try they dont go away or get better. I have been trying to find a therapist i have not had much luck. I made an apt to go back to the neuro on friday if he does not think i have als then i want him to refer me for a second opinion because i cant live this way not knowing what is going on with my body i need to know what is wrong with me. if it is not this then i want to know what it is.
jattd

I recently registered and I am new to this site. I joined to learn more about ALS in the hope of being some comfort to my 57-year old Aunt who was recently and definitively diagnosed with ALS.

The anxiety, fear, and sheer desperation in your posts is palpable. My heart aches for you. It is in this spirit that I offer my thoughts. Moderator--please bear with me while I stray slightly off topic to provide some well intentioned advice for someone whom is clearly hurting and very scared.

I do not have ALS symptoms but I have faced other serious health threats. I, too, am the mother of small children and I am close in to you in age. At one point, I became obsessed with death, dying,and the entire notion of my children's welfare should I meet an untimely demise. Some of my concerns were valid and reasonable. Many were not. But it's hard to see this for yourself when you're in the midst of this type of depression. And make no mistake about it--the type of anxiety that you are describing is almost always linked to depression. Please, please...seek therapy and the correct medication to get you out of this cycle. Because even if it turns out that you do indeed have a chronic, serious, or heaven forbid-- terminal disease (unlikely), you will be far better equipped to deal with ANYTHING that comes your way if your emotions and mood are on a more even keel.

Here is the piece of advice that I most wanted to pass along dear sister...(It was given to me by a wonderful GP who had tested everything that could be tested on me and still arrived at no definitive diagnosis):

NONE OF US are getting out of this thing alive. Not one of us.

ALS OR no. Enjoy the time you have. If you are unable to do this without pharmaceutical assistance, so be it. While you're fretting, moody, and anxious, precious time slips away. You may not have a handle on your physical affliction but here is what you DO know for sure: Your children will have memories of an anxiety ridden, petrified mom who was paralyzed by emotional turmoil. For them and for you, get the correct pshychiatric help you need and I think you will see things with greater clarity, more perspective, and most importantly, more peace of mind. At this point, your FEAR is worse than any real or imagined calamity that you could endure. Meanwhile, the time that you do have, which could be days, weeks, months, or decades...is being squandered. I say this with love and support--not judgement nor criticism. Depression and anxiety can rob your children of their "real mommy" just as much as the most dastardly, physical disease you could think of...including ALS.

John Lennon said it best..."Life is what happends while we're busy making other plans".

God bless you and keep you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Wise words I thought wheatonmommy. Don't have a problem with that.
AL.

Wheatonmommy,

Like Al already said they are WISE WORDS of WISDOM. I am 39 and have only kept one fortune from
a fortune cookie it said " the only certainy in life is nothing is certain."

Wheatonmommy,
I loved the way you summed it all up. Your advice is fantastic! You were both compassionate and firm.
I hope jattd can read it and really take it to heart. All of us can learn from it.
Thanks for your wisdom and all the best to you as you try to comfort your Aunt. I hope she is able to have some of your wonderful insight, and I know she will benefit from your presence in her life as she deals with the progression of her ALS.
Keep us posted of what you are dealing with both in your life and with your Aunt.
Take care and thanks for becoming part of this forum.
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back