Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
SY
City
ROTHERHAM
So I wonder if you could help im currently terrified I might have als so how it all started about 2/3 months ago now I started with twitching and me been me straight away looking on Internet so after about a month I started with some other symptoms so went to a neurologist he said there was nothing wrong at all but I wouldn't have it so went to another he said same then it got to the point where I had a nerve conduction and emg all came back clear but now I have weakness in my left arm and left knee joint the twitching is still on going but is also in the face eye lids and eyeball but im also getting tremors when I move my head up and down and both my arms also I keep dropping more little things with my left hand I also keep getting forgetful for short spells also my muscles ache aswell and the top of my spine at the back of my head both the neurologist did say I had bad anxiety and one even wants me to have behavioural counciling I've paid more then 2000 in seeimg them both private aswell as the nerve conduction but now I've convinced myself I need an mri which is 1500 I have young children and I don't want to not be able to watch them grow im just scared to death im going to die please any help is welcome

Two neurologist and an emg say no ALS. Do the counseling. It is the only way out of the rabbit hole. You are not dying but you are ruining your life and that of your family.

stop googling. Block ALS sites

Go get help for your anxiety. Now. Stop chasing terminal illnesses and put your children's needs before your own. Be a healthy parent for your kids and go get that counseling.

Good luck to you.

I know but I keep thinking to my self what if it was too early to pick it up just feel like I'm getting worse in myself

So sorry to be posting again so since I've last posted I've started with aching of joints noticed a big dint in my left leg and and right thumb muscle smaller then left also for awhile now when talking tongue has been feeling like a numb sensation which has gone on now for over a month keep getting where I'm losing my voice not so much as slurring words my mis pronouncing them right arm now is constant twitching like both legs having an mri now and another ncs and emg for reassurance

Let us know when you get the results from your tests and follow up

But dose this sound serious just starting to worry again could do with abit of advice also this is the dint in my leg

20210615_061812.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion it doesn’t sound like ALS as your neuros and emg have already indicated. My advice is wait for your tests and stay away from the internet

You don't seem to have read the post Nikki gave you a link for as it addresses all the new questions you are asking. Please read it again and wait for your tests. I'm so sorry you are scared, we can't do anything more.

Trust me I have Read this many of times and I've been doing OK just with that dent getting bigger and having strange feeling of pain in my joints and when I grip things for a number of time my finger joints hurt and sort of like pins and needle feeling in my wrist ans starting to notice my smile looks like its only slightly dropping on my right side im still able to do things just things are getting more painful and harder if you get me and my voice just keeps sounding like its going

All you can say is work with your doctors. They have told you not ALS apparently so tell them your symptoms and do whatever they suggest. Nothing we say is helping clearly. Closing thread. Please do not start another unless you have test and exam results that a doctor has told you are concerning for MND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back