Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
LA
City
Montz
Thanks in Advance for reading my story. I am a 44 year old Male with no family history of ALS. My mother has MS though. I’m scared and have no one to talk to because everyone around me thinks its in my head.

Around 6 months ago or more I noticed I was having muscle twitching in my arms and legs. Very minor. I didn’t even give it two thoughts. A little over a month ago I watched the Gleason movie about Steve Gleason and his battle with ALS. I remember in the movie he talked about muscle twitching as a symptom and that caught my attention. A few days later I noticed my twitching started to happen more often during the day.
Nervous, I went to see my PCP. She did a full exam on me and found no weakness and my reflexes were all 2+ normal. I excepted her findings so I thought. I drank a lot of fluids and cut caffeine and alcohol. Also started taking 400 mg of magnesium a day. Twitching slowed down but didn’t go away. I then noticed my legs and arms felt sore. Like a worked out and I did not. Also had cramping in my hands and toes (like I want to crack my knuckles). So I made a appointment with neurologist and told her my concerns. She also preformed a full neuro exam on my. She found no weakness but did say I had hyperflexia in my knee 3+ right and left. Every where else was a 2+. She also said I was Hoffman’s positive in my left hand. She order blood work (All normal) and MRI of my spine (Scheduled for this week). She thought a EMG was unnecessary. I asked her about ALS and she said she doesn’t believe It is because my twitching has been going on for more then 6 months and have no clinical muscle weakness. She does want me to follow up with her in 6 months. Few other things I noticed was was pins and needles in my hands, Tongue, and face. Also some soreness in my jaw. The soreness in my legs, arms, and jaw comes and goes. Can’t get this out of my mind!! Thank you so much for reading this for me!!
Thanks!!!

Also I have a slight vibration sensation in my left foot that comes and go throughout the day!

again Thanks!

PALS don't feel any of these things, they simply fail to be able to do things and are so surprised that what feels normal won't work. Twitch means absolutely nothing.

Please either trust your doctors, or go and get a second opinion. But only a doctor that is examining you can help you work through what is going on. All the very best.

Thanks for your post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back