Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
michigan
City
grand rapids
Hello.
I am terrified that i have Als. My only symptom is twitching that is somewhat widespread. My life has come to a complete standstill because of this. I dont have any weakness in my limbs so what are the chances that this is Als, at age 20.

Are you kidding me? Your life has come to a standstill because you are twitchy? and thats ALL you have going on?
Jeez...
NO
NO
NO

The thing that scares me about the twitches is that most of them have settled into my left calf, and most people say that AlS twitching is localized. If this was ALS would i have weakness after 3 weeks of twitching.

Please read the stickies at the beginning of the DIHALS forum. You'll find answers there.

Weakness FIRST, then twitching later on down the road. I think that is the "norm" for most of us that have ALS.

Thank you all for your replies.

3 weeks of twitching.

If you're already worried about having ALS after twitching for three weeks, you don't need a neurologist -- you need a psychiatrist. Get your primary care physician to refer you to a good one. Next, put this message board on your "no posting" list. Then put a b o u t B F S dot c o m on your "must join" and "where I should be posting" lists.

Good luck.

Oh Jeez here we go again. Lord give me strength.

AL.

I have learned my lesson and am agreeing with Al in total right NOW!

WANTED: Roommate for my round rubber room.

This IS another satirical thread, right? It has to be. Please.

This IS another satirical thread, right? It has to be. Please.

Nope. Just a busier than normal week or two in DIHALS.

Probably not a coincidence that a lot of college students are on summer break right now and the high schoolers are busy with end of grade tests, SATs, AP tests, etc.

Traffic in this forum runs in cycles, with big peaks near holiday weekends and end of college semesters or quarters.

The DIHALS forum was opened a smidge over five years ago. It has more than 3200 threads in those five years, for annual average of 640 new threads a year or close to 13 new threads per week. In those 3200 threads, there are more than 38,000 individual posts, which is an average of just under 12 posts per thread.

13 new threads with 12 posts each -- 156 posts per week (20 a day). An average week in DIHALS.

Oh, holy cow! I'll be right back. I didn't realize we had to have our college diplomas to be here. Uhm, yep let's see, yeah there it is Math 231 Probability and Statistics. And who ever said they wouldn't need that info for later.

I think we should just take a step to the right and let the lemmings through.

I still say we get W e b M D to pull twi tch es out and we wouldn't have as many irrational folks visiting us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back