Status
Not open for further replies.
OH Boy DON!all i can say is what the hell were they thinking sending you home with no machine....i just dont get it why isnt somebody contacting the als clinic to move up your appt.?I am so sorry your stress level must be through the roof.!and trying to care for your mom wow unbelievable.!She must be so afraid.....all i can say is i am totally apaulled and disgusted that you still have to suffer another two weeks that is just needless torture as far as I am concerned!When i called the als clinic and told them my husband needed a bipap they had him in within two days and he was not nearly as bad then as you are now!God bless you my friend and prayers your way!.....Gina

wow, don. I cannot believe you have to suffer so much. before they diagnosed my father with als, he continually used to fall asleep, pretty much as soon as he sat down. they tried to put him on oxygen (he was only 63), but that darn near killed him, i guess it raised the co2. when he finally recieved the bi-pap, he was more rested. hang in there. can the sleep study center contact the mayo to get you in earlier? I am thinking if the mayo had your sleep study results, they would get you in asap.

Hi kmgy and thank you Gina...

Unfortunately here in the US - that is just the way it is... Actually, now that it is only 2 weeks away - I am OK with that. There is much to be done at my company to prepare for my absence of a week, I must teach and assign someone to process payroll and transfer funds to my crews cards and many other things that I handle on a daily basis, and also make arrangements for someone to come and check on my Mom on a daily basis... The Tech said sometime this week someone(?) will come to my home and teach me to set it up.?. I will call the Dr first thing tomorrow morning - have no worries about that - when I want answers I will get them one way or another! I want some type of input on the type or brand of machine and I want answers to all my questions regarding EVERYTHING this machine is for, it's effects, cost, long-term effects, and so on... Believe me Gina - I feel the frustration ten-fold.. I do thank you for your love and concern, it warms my heart that someone else shares my frustration and anxiety. All of you here on this forum have become my family in every way that my own never was or could be.. I now have the courage to face whatever it is that may come in the future, because I truly do not feel alone anymore. There really are no words to explain that level of comfort that I have found here.. I am tired now and must get some sleep (or at least try), tomorrow is Monday - always the roughest at work.. hopefully I'll have some answers from the Doc...

Goodnight my precious friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back