Reason
PALS
Country
uni
State
unknown
City
unknown
Today my husband and I were watching the So and for some reason I stuck out my tongue- he asked what was wrong with it because it looked "bumpy" on the edges. Is there any other possible reason for a scalloped tongue other that als? I have had swallowing difficulty lately as well- mouth feels dry all the time. The scalloped tongue seems to get better after chewing gum. So many questions that are still unanswered.

Scalloped tongue is very common. It is just marks from your teeth. Often it is because you press your tongue against your teeth esp. when you sleep. It can increase alot with stress. My tongue has been scalloped for years and years. If you look at other peoples tongues (they may think you are crazy) you will find alot probably look just like yours. Don't panic!

Mine is very scalloped

Does yours go crooked if you stick it out, like in a point and also stick it out where it is still round, see if it deviates to one side of your face, it should be center

My mom is perfectly healthy and has a scalloped tongue. She didn't have it her whole life, either, it was something she developed in middle age. Nothing to worry about!

No it stays centered when I stick it out. You guys are so aweome- you always know how to make people feel better! I am glad i found this place. . .

we aer glad you found us, too, PLDO. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back